GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The thin line between love and hate"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 10/04/01 at 22:41
Regular
When we all laugh at games which are bad we are forgetting something. Many people have poured effort and time into these games, and they wanted them to do well.

It is hard to make a game good, and they know it. If you tryed to do it you will find out how hard it is.

Graphics is the same. It takes time and effort.

So next time you laught at a game. Remeber, that is a lot of people's hard work in there.
Wed 11/04/01 at 13:47
Regular
What you can do with unwanted CD's is to blutak them standing upright in your microwave.

When the microwave has been on full power for a minute or so, the blutak goes all runny, and the CD starts spinning round with sprks coming off the side.

Marvellous!
Wed 11/04/01 at 12:53
Regular
"not dead"
Rather than popping it, I'll past it here:

When I got home today, I was somewhat overjoyed to find a 'Completely Free 50 Hour AOL Trial' CD-ROM waiting for me.

So overjoyed, that I couldn't decide what to do with it, but here were my top ten ideas:

10: Phone the 'Free Member Support' number (0800 376 5432) and ask them what a CD-ROM is. When they answer, ask them if you need to use any specific type of seed.

9: Tie it to the back of your bicycle to make a fancy reflector.

8: Spin it on it's edge. It'll be more fun than using the service.

7: Use it as a mirror. Hopefully when you see the insane look on your face, you'll come to your enses, and not install it.

6: Hang it on your door to see how many bugs it attracts. It'll be significantly fewer than you'll find with the service.

5: Break it into tiny pieces and use it as eye-catching crazy-paving for ants.

4: Use it as a frisbee. It'll go at speeds much faster than your internet connection ever will.

3: Use it to attract birds. Magpies are particularly attracted by shiny objects.

2: Use it as an coaster. You'll need a stiff drink after dealing with their Customer Service Reps.

And the number one thing to do with your 'Completely Free 50 Hour AOL Trial' is:

1: Use it as a puck in a game of Air Hockey. It'll break after a few hits, just like their service!

meka_dragon PQMS 8/00
Wed 11/04/01 at 12:40
Regular
"not dead"
Shall I dig up my top ten uses for an AOL free trial post?

I think I shall.
Wed 11/04/01 at 12:35
Regular
Other people can suggest uses for unwanted CD's as well you know.....
Wed 11/04/01 at 09:13
Regular
"not dead"
Dr. Duck wrote:
> Of course, sometimes with a new machine out, the developers need a
> test-run at making the game (a bloke on bits talking about the x-box
> said so)

So that will be the excuse for shoddy Xbox games then?

If developers bring out shoddy merchandise they should be criticised for it.

If developers aren't big enough to take the criticism they should either get out of the industry, or do a better job in future.
Tue 10/04/01 at 23:54
where is everyone?
Tue 10/04/01 at 23:29
Regular
More uses:

Have a competiton, whoever walks the furthest down a pakced street, balancing one on their nose gets free drinks all night.

See who's sad enough to laugh when you shove a banana in and out of it going "oohhh, ahhhh, do it to me big boy"

Sharpen the edges and use it as a kind of throwing star, when you mates dont believe you, attempt to throw it skillfully across the room and embed it in the wall. When you'll actually fluff it up and end up knocking you mums prize vase off the wall.

Poke your dogs tail through it, tell you mates, he's got the sh!ts and he'll die without an expensive operation. Get money off said mates, go down to SR and buy black and white.

Using two (is that allowed?) put one over each ear and pretend you are something from Star Wars. Get the cardboard tube from inside the packet of clingfilm and have"lightsaber" fights in the garden.

I think they are starting to go down hill slightly now, so i'll stop.
Tue 10/04/01 at 23:14
Your Honour wrote:
> Dr. Dark wrote:
Give them to an ethiopian and get
> them
>
> to hula-hoop with it.

THIS IS PUSHING THE LINE TOO
>
> FAR!

Maybe, but it would be funny.

Sorry that end bit made me laugh. YOU ARE FORGIVEN, (like you give a F anyway)
Tue 10/04/01 at 23:12
Regular
Dr. Dark wrote:
Give them to an ethiopian and get
> them
> to hula-hoop with it.

THIS IS PUSHING THE LINE TOO
> FAR!

Maybe, but it would be funny.
Tue 10/04/01 at 23:08
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Dr. Dark wrote:
> You make some games and well'll laugh at them! How would that make
> you feel? SEE MY POINT! And effort is always need, if that isn't
> there, the game shouldn't be there.

but so many games are bad! there is no effort. is every one of the 1000 PS1 games average or better. NO!

Obviously there are times when it is not the makers fault- Daikatana etc- but v rarely!

Sonic

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.