GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The thin line between love and hate"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 10/04/01 at 22:41
Regular
When we all laugh at games which are bad we are forgetting something. Many people have poured effort and time into these games, and they wanted them to do well.

It is hard to make a game good, and they know it. If you tryed to do it you will find out how hard it is.

Graphics is the same. It takes time and effort.

So next time you laught at a game. Remeber, that is a lot of people's hard work in there.
Tue 10/04/01 at 22:41
When we all laugh at games which are bad we are forgetting something. Many people have poured effort and time into these games, and they wanted them to do well.

It is hard to make a game good, and they know it. If you tryed to do it you will find out how hard it is.

Graphics is the same. It takes time and effort.

So next time you laught at a game. Remeber, that is a lot of people's hard work in there.
Tue 10/04/01 at 22:42
Regular
Yes, but at least it gave some enjoyment, as people like laughing. So they have done some good after all.
Tue 10/04/01 at 22:45
Your Honour wrote:
> Yes, but at least it gave some enjoyment, as people like laughing.
> So they have done some good after all.

Every good. But it is not nice to laught at someones achovement or in this case. NOT ACHIVEING THE TARGET! But there are many uses for rubbish games.

1. Prop a stool/ table up with it
2. Destory it
3. Fing out what it is made of

Can you think of others? (Not 'sell it')
Tue 10/04/01 at 22:47
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Errrr... so we shouldn't diss the people who made Superman 64. It took them longer than Zelda. Superman can't jump over 1 foot booxes. he dies by being shot. Most of the game is flying through fog ridden rings!

I have NO respect for people who make bad games and then ship them then making us waste our money on cr*p!

Sonic
Tue 10/04/01 at 22:50
Regular
If its a CD you can use it as:

A coaster

A christmas decoration

Scare the neighbours cat by relfecting light off it into the cats eyes.

Use it as a life ring thing down the swimming pool (for very thinpeople obviously)

Use it to stop shampoo going in you eyes when you wash you hair by putting it on your head. (Thin head needed)

Give it to a drunk person and tell them its a polo

more to follow, probably when im drunk and they seem amusing...
Tue 10/04/01 at 22:50
SonicRav wrote:
> Errrr... so we shouldn't diss the people who made Superman 64. It
> took them longer than Zelda. Superman can't jump over 1 foot booxes.
> he dies by being shot. Most of the game is flying through fog ridden
> rings!

I have NO respect for people who make bad games and then
> ship them then making us waste our money on cr*p!

Sonic

It took over 2 and a half years! But i'm sure you will have respect as they dared to bring it out. Also they did try, you HAVE to respect that.
Tue 10/04/01 at 22:51
Regular
"TheCoolNerd on Live"
In my opinion, if the developer has taken the time and effort to make the graphics look good then chances are, it will play good to. I'm not saying this is textbook, there are exceptions, but it is generally accurate.
Tue 10/04/01 at 22:51
Your Honour wrote:
> If its a CD you can use it as:

A coaster

A christmas
> decoration

Scare the neighbours cat by relfecting light off it
> into the cats eyes.

Use it as a life ring thing down the swimming
> pool (for very thinpeople obviously)

Use it to stop shampoo going
> in you eyes when you wash you hair by putting it on your head. (Thin
> head needed)

Give it to a drunk person and tell them its a
> polo

more to follow, probably when im drunk and they seem
> amusing...

I've never them ones before! Well done!
Tue 10/04/01 at 22:52
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
hmmm... but if it plays like rubbish, and looks like it, then laugh at the developers!

Sonic
Tue 10/04/01 at 22:54
Regular
"Whatever!"
How would you explain EA Sports releasing the same FIFA year in year out - Not much effort is put into them by the looks of things!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.