GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Radiohead Fans who hate The Darkness? In Here...."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 02/04/04 at 15:24
Regular
Well, I myself was actually expecting the Darkness to redeem themselves when I found that they had done a cover of Street Spirit.

Oh. My. Dear. God.

It destroyed it. It took Street Spirit's greatness, wringed it out, ran over it with a steam roller, thus squeezing every ounce of appeal the original version had, and put it under their name.

Just search for Street Spirit by Darkness to witness it yourself.
Fri 02/04/04 at 17:32
Regular
I haven't heard it, and I can assure you I won't be seeking it out.

People make me sick - are there any original tunes in todays charts?

Every now and again a cover impresses me, but 99.999999% of the time they are cheap crap thrown together to make a quick buck.

If I was king of the world, things would be mighty different.
Fri 02/04/04 at 17:30
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
I love Radiohead but I think the cover is pretty good. Even Thom Yorke said he enjoyed it.
Fri 02/04/04 at 15:39
Regular
"~a Libertine~"
They (Darkness) asked for a million pounds to do Glastonbury!!

Who the hell do they think they are... only been widely acknowledged for three quarters of a year or so with a few catchy (but ultimately shallow) singles released (Ok the Album was OK) and they think they deserve more than the well loved and time tested bands.

I hope the Darkness bubble bursts soon.
Fri 02/04/04 at 15:24
Regular
Well, I myself was actually expecting the Darkness to redeem themselves when I found that they had done a cover of Street Spirit.

Oh. My. Dear. God.

It destroyed it. It took Street Spirit's greatness, wringed it out, ran over it with a steam roller, thus squeezing every ounce of appeal the original version had, and put it under their name.

Just search for Street Spirit by Darkness to witness it yourself.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.