GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Something annoying happened on Saturday..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 31/03/04 at 17:01
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
I couldn't think of a forum to put this on, so I decided to put it on here.

I was in Glasgow with my little brother, who's nine, and he wanted to get a new phone as his old one had broken. So, after ages and ages of saving up, he wanted to go into Glasgow with me. The one he wanted was a Nokia 3510i. (a phone with a camera.)
Anyway, we were walking around in Glasgow when my little brother saw 'The Orange Shop.' He decided to go there to get his new phone so we headed in that direction. As we were walking, he was so excited that he broke into a sprint and I let him go. I saw him enter the Orange shop and then about five seconds later I saw a tall man wearing an orange top pull him out. Naturally, I ran towards my little brother and asked the man 'What is going on?' He replied 'He cannot come into the shop wearing that', and he pointed to his Manchester United shirt. So I replied 'What's wrong with his shirt?' The man said 'look who it's sponsored by.' So I looked down at the sponsor in the middle, it was Vodafone. The man said 'He cannot advertise Vodafone in an Orange shop.' So at that moment I turned around grabbed my brother and walked away. So later on, we found a 'T - Mobile' shop. So we entered cautiosly and when we got in the manager welcomed us in nicely, not taking any notice of my little brother's shirt. He ended up buying the phone that he wanted from that shop.

The morale of the story: Never buy from the Orange Shop.
Fri 02/04/04 at 17:58
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
mattributé wrote:
> By that 'law', Russia, America and China should have the best teams
> in the world.
>
> Yes?

Nah.

Russia is in a state, so surviving seems to be more important than playing football.

America is going to be the best football team in the world at some point. Right now, because they have a past with four other prominent sports, football hasn't quite fully grasped them yet. But it will, eventually.

China. Well, they also are improving. Lets remember, though, a few years ago, hardly any Chinese people even bothered playing football.

Although, by the 'law' NB layed out, then I suppose these countries should be better at football. But money is another problem, for Russia and China in particular. Here in the UK, we're rich compared to these countries, so football is a more available thing. So the population side of the argument does come into effect when England and Scotland are the countries in comparison.

Muh. This post is too long. Bah.
Fri 02/04/04 at 16:46
Regular
"Light of the world"
Ah... Like most women I will admit I find it hard to walk away
Fri 02/04/04 at 16:40
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
Lil Ginge wrote:
> Harsh man.
>
> I wouldnt of walked away I would of kindly mentioned that is a bit of
> sponsoring on top - he doesnt sponsor the bleedin phone company but
> the footie team... PLUS he is nine PLUS isnt a sale more worthy than
> the point he was trying to make...
>
> plus the 'fine i will go into T mobile and spend my CASHHHH there so
> you wont get it and tell all my friends and family and a whole load
> of random people on the net to never step close to ORANGEEE AGAIN!'
>
> ..rant over..

I should have done that but I was too pis$ed off at the time that I just walked away.
Fri 02/04/04 at 16:33
Regular
"Light of the world"
Harsh man.

I wouldnt of walked away I would of kindly mentioned that is a bit of sponsoring on top - he doesnt sponsor the bleedin phone company but the footie team... PLUS he is nine PLUS isnt a sale more worthy than the point he was trying to make...

plus the 'fine i will go into T mobile and spend my CASHHHH there so you wont get it and tell all my friends and family and a whole load of random people on the net to never step close to ORANGEEE AGAIN!'

..rant over..
Fri 02/04/04 at 16:23
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
cookie monster wrote:
> A girlfriend at 9?

He's a right wee flirter, too. :)
Fri 02/04/04 at 16:00
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
A girlfriend at 9?

In a few years these youngsters will be having sex in playschool.
Fri 02/04/04 at 15:06
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> What's slightly more worrying is... what does a 9 year old need a
> mobile phone for?
>
> What's wrong with going and knocking on your mates' doors?

That's what I was wondering. Why do you need a mobile at that age? But that's what he wanted so I just went along with it.
Fri 02/04/04 at 15:03
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
Silent Scope wrote:
> heh this is ridiculous..

What do you mean?
Regular
heh this is ridiculous..
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> But he's not HAVING sex, right?

I hope not. ;)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.