GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Should UKcheats win gameaday?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 10/04/01 at 10:12
Regular
well then I have my opinion and you have yours, I don't think it is fair on the people who have written a great topic or post to lose to someone who has just copied the cheats of another website.

I hear the screams of 'no proof' and 'this won't hold in court' well then lets have a look and the recent winner on 06/04/01, Skinz posted CBFD cheats and won, although all these cheats are at American websites!

Its not right on the people who have created a great topic and/or posted a great thread/opinion. Is it?

What are your views on this?
Thanks
er-no

P.S No complaints from me because I didn't post on that date. :P
Tue 10/04/01 at 14:19
Regular
As i said put in more into the DB and you may win! Isn't it Snuggly or Ali....
Tue 10/04/01 at 14:05
Regular
"You've upset me"
When I first came here I thought that cheats should NOT win. For the reasons that they might not work and could have been copied word for word for any website or magazine.

But now with the ratings system I think this will be improved, lie Tony said all cheats are copied from somewhere, but hey! They can't help that. With the new ratings system I think that Ukcheats.com will get a hell of a lot more visits :-D

Oh and by the way, Billie's marrying Chris Evans, *she* proposed today and he accepted, nice birthday gift from Billie!

Tue 10/04/01 at 13:58
Regular
"everyone says it"
all I wanted really to say was that skinz won for a word to word copy from another site.

doesn't really affect me, but it would if I had bothered to type up something great on that day.
Tue 10/04/01 at 12:09
Regular
Lots of cheats means a chance.
Tue 10/04/01 at 11:27
Regular
"not dead"
Will people be able to post walkthroughs?

If so surely they would have to be there own, unless they're willing to credit someone else with writing them.

On these occasions would it be fair to win off somebody elses back?

Cheats are fine, as it's a collection of useful info, and you can't really put it over in a way that could be better than someone elses, but a walkthrough needs to be written so it's easy to follow and intersting to read.
Tue 10/04/01 at 11:20
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
I'm against UKcheats winning.
People make a lot of effort with new topics/reply's and when they find out that a cheat which was copied from another site (requiring hardly any effort) wins, it's really unfair.

On the other hand, if I won a game for posting a cheat, would I be complaining then? I think not...
Tue 10/04/01 at 11:16
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Yes i think it is fair for cheats to win but I can see the view of a few people if they write something good that day and a cheat copied from a site beats them!

I am in favour of them winning but because they are valuable soruce of information

POWER OF THE SHEEP
Tue 10/04/01 at 11:11
I won the first cheat prize :I

They felt sorry for me cause what i wrote is utter trash!

Any donations
Tue 10/04/01 at 11:03
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
I agree with Ali Snuggly.

Cheats are in the public domain.

We are still working on the system by the way. Hopefully it will be easier to see existing cheats at the same time as entering new cheats quite soon.
Tue 10/04/01 at 10:32
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
If you care to have a look, cheats now have ratings, so if they don't work, click on the "Rate It" button and says so. Also, if you think about it, ALL cheats are copied from somewhere, it's just a case of us giving us loads of good ones for new or popular games. No one will win for posting one faulty cheat for a 10 year old game.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.