GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Only Fools & Horses won?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 27/03/04 at 23:33
Regular
Shocking. I've just been told that Blackadder didn't win the best British sitcom ever. Which is shocking. It should've been Friends. Or Will & Grace.
Fri 02/04/04 at 19:08
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Again...where did The Office come?
Fri 02/04/04 at 18:55
Regular
Fools and horses - great
Fawlty towers - great
red dwarf - fantastic
vicar of dibley - rather good
my family - rather good
friends - OK
will and grace - alrighty
Fri 02/04/04 at 15:56
Regular
"~a Libertine~"
None mention of any of the Alan Partridge's

whyever not. Truly the greatest comedy character.. perhaps not the greatest series, but just for the character at least a mention would have been nice!

AHA! Not literally that would be disgusting.. and other Alan partridge quotes...
Fri 02/04/04 at 14:52
Regular
The tenth series has lost steam, with lacklustre plots and erratic characterisation. Before that, however, it was absolutely superb.
Wed 31/03/04 at 18:45
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
They aren't consistent at all. Joey's the stupid one - wow, it's really hard to write a stupid character - and that's about it. I saw two episodes recently, from the latest series, and Ross was a completely different character from one to the next. That's not character development over time, that's inconsistency that comes from team writing.

Plus Friends has gone far beyond its sell by date. All the jokes have been done, you can see them coming a mile off.
Wed 31/03/04 at 18:42
Regular
I would.

The characters have been brilliantly developed throughout the programme's lifespan. I've been with it from Series 1, and own a stack of videos, and it has been great to see their characteristics grow in time. Think about it - it'd be ridiculous to have the characters stay exactly the same from when the programme started to its end.

Pheobe is the quirky one, Monica is neurotic and jumpy, Rachel is generally warm hearted but still shows signs of her shallow past, Chandler is the witty, sarcastic one, Ross is knowledgable but silly, and Joey is the womanising chump.
Wed 31/03/04 at 18:34
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Don't make me laugh. The characters change from scene to scene, let alone from episode to episode. If you read the scripts, and someone covered up the names, you wouldn't be able to tell which character was which from what they said alone.
Wed 31/03/04 at 17:59
Regular
But Friends is the best sitcom ever made.

And the characters are amazing.
Wed 31/03/04 at 17:54
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
My Family isn't exactly sharp. And as far as characters go, it's very hit and miss. Nick and Michael are consistent, but the others are almost as two dimensional as Friends characters.
Tue 30/03/04 at 18:03
Regular
What the hell's wrong with My Family?

BBC comedy has been crap recently, yes, but My Family doesn't deserve to be counted among the likes of 3 Non-Blondes and Mad About Alice. It's a sharp, pacey sitcom that may not be a laugh a minute but will still be funny and enjoyable all the same.

Forget the recent series - it's lost steam. Check out the first. That annoying one isn't there, and Nick and Janey are regulars. It's the best for characters and quality.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.