GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Barton 2500+ Overclocking Tips and Unlocking"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 27/03/04 at 13:40
Regular
"Nobody Home"
I have a Barton 2500+ on one of my systems, but its only on a board with a 166mhz FSB, so it cant hit the 200mhz FSB to make it a 3200+.

How can i unlock the Multiplier? I have read about cutting the bridges, sticking in bits of wire and putting conductive paint between bridges, etc... which is right?

If I unlocked the Barton, wat sort of speeds could i hope to achieve on a 166FSB? This is just seeing whether its worth upgrading to the NF7 at all and i just wanna see what Frequencies I can hit without the 200mhz FSB.
Sat 27/03/04 at 13:40
Regular
"Nobody Home"
I have a Barton 2500+ on one of my systems, but its only on a board with a 166mhz FSB, so it cant hit the 200mhz FSB to make it a 3200+.

How can i unlock the Multiplier? I have read about cutting the bridges, sticking in bits of wire and putting conductive paint between bridges, etc... which is right?

If I unlocked the Barton, wat sort of speeds could i hope to achieve on a 166FSB? This is just seeing whether its worth upgrading to the NF7 at all and i just wanna see what Frequencies I can hit without the 200mhz FSB.
Sat 27/03/04 at 22:05
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
All of those methods would work.

Sticking a bit of wire between two of the pin sockets on the motherboard seems the easiest option to me though. Its covered in the latest issue of PC Format if you fancy having a go.
Sat 27/03/04 at 23:32
"I love yo... lamp."
Save yourself the hassle of any of these tricks and just read the week number off of the processor. The label should read something like:

AXDA2500DKV4D
AQZFA 0348MPMW

The second line has four digits, in this example it would equate to week 48 of 2003. Read this. If you have 0343 or later, then you have had it. It will not change. Week 35 to 43 might be locked, might not be.

Pre week 35 you are OK.
Sat 27/03/04 at 23:34
"I love yo... lamp."
Oh and the best you could hope to achieve with a Barton, without being lucky and very experienced would be just short of 2.5 GHz, having 166 MHz FSB and a 15 multipier.

This however is rather optimistic.
Sun 28/03/04 at 18:59
Regular
"Nobody Home"
what u mean by that?

u mean knowing wat voltages to use, etc? Or, having Water Cooling?

I have aircooling in a case pushing 200CFM.
Sun 28/03/04 at 19:06
Regular
"Nobody Home"
o, and my 2000+ Palamino is running at 1850mhz @ 50oC Idle.

And it runs at stock speed at 37oC Idle from 60oC when i first building the PC, so I av some seriously noisy cooling :D
Sun 28/03/04 at 19:06
"I love yo... lamp."
Right.. post week 36 processors were locked. And could not be unlocked, no matter what trick you tried. Those tricks only worked with boards that didn't give access to higher multipliers.

If an AMD chip is locked in an NF7, then it is locked and nothing you do will change that.

It doesn't matter what the total CFM of your fans is. Temperature does. They are not directly related.

By experienced I mean knowing how to get good overclocks, knowing how to find the limits of your hard ware, knowing what memory timings to use, and knowing what are safe voltages for your hard ware.
Sun 28/03/04 at 23:12
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
[URL]http://www.ocworkbench.com/2004/guides/unlockbartonwk43/unlockbartonwk43-1.htm[/URL]
Mon 29/03/04 at 19:25
Regular
"Nobody Home"
thanks, i may give that a whirl when I feel depressed and wanna break someit... looks fun :D thanks all.
Mon 29/03/04 at 19:54
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Good luck.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.