GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Dawn of the Dead"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 26/03/04 at 13:50
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Saw the 10 minute preview on Film 4. Now, I'm a HUGE fan of the originals, but I'm still looking forward to this one tonight. Why's that I hear you ask? Well, I'll tell you...

It still has the same bleak and hopeless tone to it, though the collapse of civilisation/decay theme has been sped up in order to fit in with rather more modern desires for everything to be done yesterday if not sooner. And more than anything else, it still reeks of the hopeless pessimism of the originals.

So, not the same but maybe as good in a different way? We'll see...
Sat 27/03/04 at 14:42
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> It's been getting brilliant reviews from what I've read. It's
> worrying though, with this and Starsky and Hutch both getting good
> write-ups and being successful at the box office, it might mean
> more remakes are on the cards.

Heeeeeey, almost didn't recognise you with your swanky new purplosity!
Sat 27/03/04 at 13:39
Regular
I nearly went to watch it last night, but stayed in and watched a (very good quality) bootleg version of Last Samurai. Which was disappointing.
Sat 27/03/04 at 13:35
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
It's been getting brilliant reviews from what I've read. It's worrying though, with this and Starsky and Hutch both getting good write-ups and being successful at the box office, it might mean more remakes are on the cards.
Sat 27/03/04 at 12:04
Regular
"relocated"
I loved it. Perfect Friday night fare. Even my girlfriend enjoyed it, although she did say it was 'silly'; silly but still awesome, I assume. The best bit was the opening credits, which kept me grinning for the next half hour: a montage of TV footage of the apocalyptic zombie attacks soundtracked by a fantastic Johnny Cash song 'The Man Comes Around'.

Make sure you stick around for the closing credits because the story doesn't finish until the very end.
Fri 26/03/04 at 17:41
Regular
"~a Libertine~"
You've seen shaun of the dead? Mind if I ask how?

Im looking forward to it.. Simon Pegg is excellent!
Fri 26/03/04 at 17:21
Regular
"relocated"
Excellent.

"Almost immediately after that there's a shower scene which sucks because there's a guy in it and you have to state loudly that you think it's "gay" or something along those lines so nobody will question your sexuality."

Ha ha ha.
Fri 26/03/04 at 17:03
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
maddox.xmission.com
Fri 26/03/04 at 15:41
Regular
"relocated"
I'm off to see this tonight and, like a true romantic, I'm taking the bird. I expect to be dumped by the morning.

Looking forward to Shaun of the Dead too. Simon Pegg + Zombies = Great.
Fri 26/03/04 at 15:17
Regular
"Woke up this mornin"
I've seen Shaun of the Dead.

It's very funny.
Fri 26/03/04 at 14:56
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Pandaemonium wrote:
> (rubs hands in anticipation)
>
> Cooooooooooooool. Trying to steal some of Res Evil : Apocalypse's
> thunder eh?

I've always wanted to see a massive zombie outbreak as it happens, I'm fed up seeing the aftermath, I want to see the panic and destruction as and when it happens.

> (rubs hands in anticipation, rubs hands in anticipation, rubs hands
> in anticipation, rubs hands in anticipation, rubs hands in
> anticipation, rubs hands in anticipation, rubs hands in
> anticipation)
>
> (read, fap, fap, fap etc etc)
>
> Yes. I love horrible endings.

I think it's staying true to what the ending to the original Dawn was going to be, where the two remaining characters killed themselves instead of fleeing to safety. There seems to rumours that, that particular ending was actually filmed, though I wouldn't read too much into it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.