GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Dawn of the Dead"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 26/03/04 at 13:50
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Saw the 10 minute preview on Film 4. Now, I'm a HUGE fan of the originals, but I'm still looking forward to this one tonight. Why's that I hear you ask? Well, I'll tell you...

It still has the same bleak and hopeless tone to it, though the collapse of civilisation/decay theme has been sped up in order to fit in with rather more modern desires for everything to be done yesterday if not sooner. And more than anything else, it still reeks of the hopeless pessimism of the originals.

So, not the same but maybe as good in a different way? We'll see...
Fri 26/03/04 at 13:50
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Saw the 10 minute preview on Film 4. Now, I'm a HUGE fan of the originals, but I'm still looking forward to this one tonight. Why's that I hear you ask? Well, I'll tell you...

It still has the same bleak and hopeless tone to it, though the collapse of civilisation/decay theme has been sped up in order to fit in with rather more modern desires for everything to be done yesterday if not sooner. And more than anything else, it still reeks of the hopeless pessimism of the originals.

So, not the same but maybe as good in a different way? We'll see...
Fri 26/03/04 at 13:54
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Oh god, please don't let cubist read this otherwise he'll be off on another of his "28 days later" fast zombie (even though they are not zombies) rants.

One thing I noticed in the trailer was the line "Are these things alive or dead?" "we don't know", so I wonder if they are going down the 28 days route, I.e. the creatures are mortal, and are far easier to kill than undead.

(fingers crossed, "no happy ending, no happy ending, no happy ending, no happy ending, no happy ending, no happy ending, no happy ending, no happy ending")
Fri 26/03/04 at 13:57
"High polygon count"
I love the original - like all of the old zombie movies.

I was also peeved at the 28 Days Later 'running' zombies, but then... they weren't really zombies, I suppose.

I'll wait til I've seen this before I comment. But that will probably be when it's out on DVD :-( No-one I know likes zombie films, and to go to the cinema alone is... well... sad.
Fri 26/03/04 at 14:36
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Liked the original alot, not really that keen on the remake though it has been getting some good reviews. I want to go and see it just for the beginning though, where it actually shows the zombie attack in full swing, which should be good even if the rest of the film is a bit pants.

And Pandaemonium, you don’t have to keep your fingers crossed anymore, from what I’ve read the ending is far from what you’d call a happy ending.
Fri 26/03/04 at 14:41
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
cipro wrote:
> Liked the original alot, not really that keen on the remake though it
> has been getting some good reviews. I want to go and see it just for
> the beginning though, where it actually shows the zombie attack in
> full swing, which should be good even if the rest of the film is a
> bit pants.

(rubs hands in anticipation)

Cooooooooooooool. Trying to steal some of Res Evil : Apocalypse's thunder eh?

> And Pandaemonium, you don’t have to keep your fingers crossed
> anymore, from what I’ve read the ending is far from what you’d call a
> happy ending.

(rubs hands in anticipation, rubs hands in anticipation, rubs hands in anticipation, rubs hands in anticipation, rubs hands in anticipation, rubs hands in anticipation, rubs hands in anticipation)

(read, fap, fap, fap etc etc)

Yes. I love horrible endings.
Fri 26/03/04 at 14:56
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Pandaemonium wrote:
> (rubs hands in anticipation)
>
> Cooooooooooooool. Trying to steal some of Res Evil : Apocalypse's
> thunder eh?

I've always wanted to see a massive zombie outbreak as it happens, I'm fed up seeing the aftermath, I want to see the panic and destruction as and when it happens.

> (rubs hands in anticipation, rubs hands in anticipation, rubs hands
> in anticipation, rubs hands in anticipation, rubs hands in
> anticipation, rubs hands in anticipation, rubs hands in
> anticipation)
>
> (read, fap, fap, fap etc etc)
>
> Yes. I love horrible endings.

I think it's staying true to what the ending to the original Dawn was going to be, where the two remaining characters killed themselves instead of fleeing to safety. There seems to rumours that, that particular ending was actually filmed, though I wouldn't read too much into it.
Fri 26/03/04 at 15:17
Regular
"Woke up this mornin"
I've seen Shaun of the Dead.

It's very funny.
Fri 26/03/04 at 15:41
Regular
"relocated"
I'm off to see this tonight and, like a true romantic, I'm taking the bird. I expect to be dumped by the morning.

Looking forward to Shaun of the Dead too. Simon Pegg + Zombies = Great.
Fri 26/03/04 at 17:03
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
maddox.xmission.com
Fri 26/03/04 at 17:21
Regular
"relocated"
Excellent.

"Almost immediately after that there's a shower scene which sucks because there's a guy in it and you have to state loudly that you think it's "gay" or something along those lines so nobody will question your sexuality."

Ha ha ha.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.