GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Can you die of boredom ?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 25/03/04 at 12:10
Regular
"I ush!"
If you don't hear from me for again it's probably because I've died of boredom.

If I do die of boredom I entrust upon you the duty to avenge my death.

Yours sincerely,
in this life and the next boring volume.

Simon
Thu 25/03/04 at 12:57
Regular
"I ush!"
Kat wrote:
>
> And you're getting bored of reading? How long will you be doing it
> for?
>

Well, right now I'm bored of sitting not helping in the undergraduate labs.
Later I'll be bored of writing mundane but essential C++ code, then after that I'll be bored of reading, and worrying about defining the aims and scope of my as yet undefined phd.

still, I'll be out of labs in ten minutes or so, so that's good
Thu 25/03/04 at 13:01
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
Simon Says wrote:
> Rosalind wrote:
>
> Did I convince anyone?
>
> no, because you're probably in the conti more than I am now.

Pffffffffffft

your in there every single time I am..... probably more too.

And whats with the glowering?
Thu 25/03/04 at 13:03
Regular
"I ush!"
Rosalind wrote:
>
> Pffffffffffft
>
> your in there every single time I am..... probably more too.
>
> And whats with the glowering?

That's just not true!

and what glowering? I'm not doing any glowering to my knowledge.
I am bored out of my mind at the moment though.

Heading out (to the conti) soon though.
Thu 25/03/04 at 13:06
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
You've never once smiled at me. In fact last time I smiled at you your stuck your middle finger up at me!

Changing the subject slightly, I bought MK:DA on X-Box. V.addictive.
Thu 25/03/04 at 13:08
Regular
"I ush!"
Rosalind wrote:
> You've never once smiled at me. In fact last time I smiled at you
> your stuck your middle finger up at me!

yeah, but in a friendly kind of way. I think it was directed at my better half anyways, but she was ignoring me and you got caught in the cross fire ; )
I only really do smiling when I'm drunk, because I need the alcohol to help relax the necessary facial muscles ; )

>
> Changing the subject slightly, I bought MK:DA on X-Box. V.addictive.

I'm still playing around on NFL Street. The convenience of 15 minute games means its taken over from Madden a little.
Thu 25/03/04 at 13:11
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Rosalind wrote:
"At least your not shut away in an office all day trying to write a repot on all the things you've done (when you haven't done anything), with no contact with the outside world."
-----

Well, if you "haven't done anything", then, surely, that just gives you even less of a report to write... So, what's the problem??

Less work to do! Easy.

:)
Thu 25/03/04 at 13:11
Regular
"I ush!"
Well, looks like I made it to the end of lab without too many of my major functions shutting down, so thanks for the banter.

I'll be in the conti if anyone needs me ; )
Thu 25/03/04 at 13:19
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
I've got 6 bloods to process this afternoon so don't expect to see me anytime soon. :(
Thu 25/03/04 at 14:12
"Darth Vader 3442321"
When I was at university I did a study into 'the environmental and physiological factors affecting the microhabitat selection of the common rough woodlouse, porcellio scaber'.

I was going to do an experiment on whether certain species of ant could be used as a biological pesticide. Cetain native species of ants protect aphids (greenfly etc) from other insectoid predication, in return for a sugary excretion (a symbiotic partnership). Thus the premise was: what would happen if another species of (aggressive) ant was introduced to attack the native ants, thus eliminating the aphids of their protecion. Then the predators of the aphids would be more successful and in turn the aphids would diminish.

Not a bad idea, Ants fighting in tanks (glass ones not M1 Abrahams) and all that. So I go to my tutor and,

"sagacious have you decided on a project yet? There are plenty of possibles to pick from, such as (see the first paragraph)"

"well I've come up with my own idea for a project (see second paragraph)

"that's a fantastic idea. We can supply the equipment. You do know however that Ants are largely dormant over winter so you'd have to do the project over the summer ho"

"what was that project about woodlice again? Sounds really interesting!"

What a lazy workshy fop I am.
Thu 25/03/04 at 14:15
"Majestic"
News just in!

...Scientists have now prooved boredom can cause Cancer.

You heard it here 1st...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.