GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"DS racers"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 30/03/05 at 19:13
Regular
"hit the road jack"
Got Ridge racer through the post and although it's almost a straight port of the PSone and N64 game 6 years ago I am enjoying it. I always wanted a racer for DS ever since I got it in November but the reason im posting this is because of the reviews im reading. The other racer is Asphalt which has been out over here since day one.

Im just a little confused how NGC say this is the worst game in the line up yet reading through online reviews, most say it's better than Ridge racer.

Has anyone played both and can give a fair comparison?

Ridge racer is fine so im not going to pay for another racing game until Mario Kart but the NGC Asphalt review SOUNDS incredibly harsh compared to all the others ive read.
Tue 12/04/05 at 13:00
Regular
"thursdayton!"
gerrid wrote:
> It's almost the perfect handheld game.
> Even though it has no storyline and no level progression at all.

The exact same could be said for Polarium.
Tue 12/04/05 at 08:06
Regular
gerrid wrote:
> Someone hasn't played Yoshi T&G...

i havent played it, i want it though.
Thu 07/04/05 at 12:51
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Someone hasn't played Yoshi T&G...

It's almost the perfect handheld game.
Even though it has no storyline and no level progression at all.
Thu 07/04/05 at 08:17
Regular
Shouldn't that be:

One for decent games and highly realistic racing games and another for touchy-touchy novelty games?

:P
Thu 07/04/05 at 07:59
"possibly impossible"
gerrid wrote:
> If you wanted racing games you probably should buy a PSP.

So then I'd need 2 handhelds. One for highly realistic racing games and the other for decent games... ;-)
Wed 06/04/05 at 13:36
Regular
"bit of a brain"
If you wanted racing games you probably should buy a PSP.
Wed 06/04/05 at 13:34
"possibly impossible"
Actually had a proper go with Asphalt the other day and I must say that I disagree with all the reviews.

Sure, it's not the best looking thing and possibly a bit shallow, but it's still fun to play and has a cool cop chase mode. Also, it's pretty fast.

The arcade mode is great if you want a quick blast too. Reminded me a bit of the early arcade racers - basic but fun.
Sun 03/04/05 at 20:58
"possibly impossible"
Don't forget that Need for Speed Underground and Mario Kart DS are coming though.

Probably among others as more people jump on the bandwagon of touchiness
Fri 01/04/05 at 12:57
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
What he said.
Fri 01/04/05 at 06:44
Regular
It's sluggish, uninvolving, grainy to look at and a general pisstake in terms of effort.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.