GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Whoo! OMG! Ettc!!1"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 31/03/05 at 06:56
Regular
My PSP was sitting on my desk this morning as I strolled in to work - what a wonderful way to end a week holiday!

Updates to follow once I've tinkered with my games and stuff, but initial impressions are oh so good - and no dead pixels!

*decides between PSP and catch-up of lots of work*
Thu 31/03/05 at 11:55
Regular
"Steady, Go!"
Bullett wrote:
> I did have to pay for it you know :P

I thought U were a games reviewer or something! :D
Thu 31/03/05 at 11:51
Regular
I did have to pay for it you know :P

But I suppose, what with working for the Royal Mail, I could get one free if I stole the right parcel ;)
Thu 31/03/05 at 11:45
Regular
"Steady, Go!"
What job do you have? I'd love a job where you get free PSP's instead of pens!
Thu 31/03/05 at 11:28
Regular
It became tiresome rather quickly, which is why I took the UMD out and booted up Ridge Racer again :D

It might get better, but I fear it won't.
Thu 31/03/05 at 11:25
Regular
Bullett wrote:
> Ridge Racer and Dynasty Warriors are both fantastic, if a little on
> the easy side. Metal Gear Acid is a bit poor upon first impressions,
> I'll persevere with it though.

MGA doesn't look all that great, the card setup where you choose a card to decide you next move has gotta become tiresome after a while.
Thu 31/03/05 at 11:08
Regular
Came to a total of £303, with the exchange rates not as good as the website shows.

That was for:

PSP Value Pack
RR
DW
MGA
Power Solution (car charger, extra battery pack, UMD cases etc.)

I then ordered Wipeout Pure afterwards, which is why it probably hasn't turned up yet.

After playing it for a little while, it's like this:

Ridge Racer and Dynasty Warriors are both fantastic, if a little on the easy side. Metal Gear Acid is a bit poor upon first impressions, I'll persevere with it though.

I whacked in my Memory Stick DUO from my Phone and the images came up straight away, so the Photo bit is good. haven't tried the MP3 or Mem Stick video bits yet, but as said before, the UMD Spidey 2 is veeery good.

No dead pixels, but the R button is a little flimsy - the rest are fine. It is a real fingerprint magnet though. It's smeared to hell already!

I look forward to getting home and tinkering with the Memory Stick features etc.

In all, I'd seriously recommend it. Now, I'm as unbiased as the next (unbiased) guy, but I can safely say my DS won't be getting much attention now. This really is as good as it looks.
Thu 31/03/05 at 10:59
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
ooo nice...how much that set you back bullet?

A friend of mine is visiting the states in July, gonna ask them to get me one from there if poss as they are about £135 there
Thu 31/03/05 at 09:19
Regular
So far:

Ridge Racer
Metal Gear Acid
Dynasty Warriors

I've tried RR and DW so far, both great, just about to boot up MGA.

Wipeout Pure is 'on it's way' - the game I was most looking forward to.

Spider-Man 2 is fantastic on UMD, really good quality etc.
Thu 31/03/05 at 08:53
Regular
": ("
Cool, what games have you got?
Thu 31/03/05 at 06:56
Regular
My PSP was sitting on my desk this morning as I strolled in to work - what a wonderful way to end a week holiday!

Updates to follow once I've tinkered with my games and stuff, but initial impressions are oh so good - and no dead pixels!

*decides between PSP and catch-up of lots of work*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.