GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is it just me?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 31/03/05 at 13:21
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
I am extremely annoyed about the state of the release games for the DS. There are too many bl00dy bad games. Not that I don't enjoy a bad game, they are funny. It's just that do we really need half of the DS launch games to be bangers? I would have far preferred 10 N64 re-releases, but what do we get - PingPals, The Urbz, Sprung? Fer god's sake, Nintendo. Just re-release Zelda, Perfect Dark and Donkey Kong and I'll be on my way.

Jesus.....
Fri 01/04/05 at 13:07
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Bejam wrote:
> Dr Gonzo wrote:
>
> Anyway, managed to find seven titles to order out of the first week
> of US PSP titles, should keep me busy.
>
> And I suppose none of them are PS2 "re-hashes"? No of
> course not

Heheh, pwned.

Wario Ware DS isn't a rehash anyway :S It's a completely new game.
Fri 01/04/05 at 12:40
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
What an age we live in.
Fri 01/04/05 at 12:37
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Dr Gonzo wrote:
>
> Anyway, managed to find seven titles to order out of the first week
> of US PSP titles, should keep me busy.

And I suppose none of them are PS2 "re-hashes"? No of course not, well we have Ridge Racer, Dynasty Warriors, Twisted Metal, WipeOut, Darkstalkers, Tony Hawks, Need for Speed, Spider-Man 2, Tiger Woods, Ape Escape and probably a few more.

Funny how you criticize the DS launch line-up when the majority of the PSP line-up are also re-hashes.
Fri 01/04/05 at 00:59
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Tphi wrote:
> And yeh, launch line-ups are always cack.

They don't have to be bad, Nintendo are just compounding the growing notion that they no longer know their d-pad from their elbow. I wouldn't mind a blast at Yoshi Touch Thing-y, but what else is on the way for the DS? Advance Wars re-hash a bloody age away seems about it. Mario 64 re-hash and Wario Ware re-hash don't do it for me, any other old titles this "innovative" company want to butcher?

Anyway, managed to find seven titles to order out of the first week of US PSP titles, should keep me busy.
Thu 31/03/05 at 16:03
Regular
"member of dogg poun"
Oriental Rib wrote:
> Oh SnoopDogg, I love you.

Why thank you
Thu 31/03/05 at 15:59
Regular
Oh SnoopDogg, I love you.
Thu 31/03/05 at 15:51
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Saw a nice ad for the DS on telly today, Nintendo seem to be sponsoring an issue of Zoo magazine with some DS competition or something. Nice work Ninty.

And yeh, launch line-ups are always cack. And the Gameboy has always been the dumping ground for the latest Disney/Nickleodeon tie-in platformers.
Thu 31/03/05 at 15:50
"period drama"
There's enough good games out to keep anyone happy.
Just because there's bad ones as well, doesn't mean anything. There's always bad games.
Thu 31/03/05 at 15:37
Regular
"the whites are goin"
only my cousin could come up with something like that WELL DONE! but werent u saying to me that you wanted a DS so you could play final Fantesy hey hey hey? lol jkn
Thu 31/03/05 at 15:27
Regular
"member of dogg poun"
Its back to the old argument, when will Nintendo wake up and see that they have competition, not for much longer will Nintendo be the 'only' handheld games machine. The childish games and constant repeats of Zelda don't please the big audiences they used to.
Nintendo may realise that when the Sony PSP finally gets released in the UK that they have to work much much harder in order to compete with rival companies.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.