GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Got a PSP? Let us know what you think..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 31/03/05 at 13:26
Regular
": ("
There seems to be alot of PSP threads lately and it's annoying me because I haven't got one so to calm my jealousy i've made a thread for all of those people who have just got a PSP and want to tell everyone what they think.

Not only have I made this thread to stop all of the 'I got a PSP, wooo!' threads but I have also made it so that anyone who wants to talk or ask questions about the PSP can do so.

So can we use this thread for all PSP-related things until the UK release, then we can all go crazy and spam up the whole PS2 forum about how the PSP rockm etc etc. :P

Thank you.
Sun 03/04/05 at 20:04
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Longy wrote:
> Where is everyone getting there imported PSP's from? im looking around
> just wanting to know where the cheapest prices are

I am getting mine from VideoGamesPlus a Canadian company, about £163 for the PSP with Spiderman 2 UMD and Gretzky Hockey(Canadians get it bundled) add 2 games about £25 each and with delivery your looking at £245. They mark the package down as well to get pass customs with out a charge.

My PSP is here in the UK now in the East Midlands some where. Went from Oshawa to Toronto then to Cincinnati and then to the East Midlands. Ordered Midnight on Thursday so Fri/Sat/Sun to get it from Canada to the UK is pretty good.
Sun 03/04/05 at 15:30
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Stridman wrote:
> It hasn't been confirmed but I reckon itll be around August.

Quite a wait then. I don't mind the wait though, it should give R* enough time to finish GTA, and Sony and Namco to finish GT and Ridge Racers. I think I'll just get a PSP instead of the DS now, unless there are some amazing games released for it soon, and by that I mean less Mario and bloody chums.
Sun 03/04/05 at 12:00
"Tesco value"
if you do get charged import tax, it wont be much,it all depends on the value of the goods.

Bullett uses them and had no problems with any duties on his PSP and games.

as far as other PSP games go, I'm really not that sure. Not having played it yet I haven't a clue what games are good. Try [http://www.gamespot.com[/URL] and select PSP
Sun 03/04/05 at 10:45
Regular
"And some more !"
dont know really, its brand new usa game so probs 30 quid. But i might keep it now because then ill only have one game.

Also if you buy games from importmadness, do they charge you at customs or not. The delivery fee is ok just wondering about the customs charge.

thanks.

Is untold legends any good?
Sun 03/04/05 at 08:27
"Tesco value"
Try Ebay, if you can, get one already in the UK, as sometimes you can be charged import tax.

importmadness are quite good, try visiting their site (not entirely sure what it's address is, so google it first)

and blow stuff up... how much do you want for your wipeout pure?
Sun 03/04/05 at 01:18
Regular
"WWJD"
Where is everyone getting there imported PSP's from? im looking around just wanting to know where the cheapest prices are
Fri 01/04/05 at 23:42
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Got a US Value pack winging its way to me, seems the courier has it as I have a tracking number thats not working at the moment. Ordered it about 24 hours ago. £245 including Del with the Value pack with Gretzky Hockey/Spiderman 2 UMD free (Canadian Bundle)and got Lumines and Twisted Metal. Going to order Ridge Racer, Wipeout and Need For Speed once I get it and also get a 1GB card to put videos on it.

Will post my thoughts and maybe some pics etc of it once I get it, hoping the shipping will occur over the weekend so I can get it early next week.

Edit:

Yey me tracking number is up and running :D At the moment has left Toronto so hopefully during the weekend it makes it onto a plane and over to the UK ready for Monday.
Fri 01/04/05 at 22:35
Regular
"And some more !"
i got a us psp, with all the goodies. The value pack a cleaning cloth and the umd of spiderman . Hasnt come yet, coming in 8 days. I got mga and wipeout pure. Dont know bout wipeout pure, not really into the superfast boats crusing around being blown up by missiles. I want something else. So i might exchange that for something.

Any reccomendations

Something in these topics: RPG, Racing, ahh whatever just a really good game.

Wots lumines like. Its got really good reviews, but it seems to be just like tetris.
Fri 01/04/05 at 19:11
Regular
"Ruddie1"
Dr Gonzo wrote:
> Stridman wrote:
> Not only have I made this thread to stop all of the 'I got a PSP,
> wooo!' threads
>
> Well now that this makes two of them, I'm glad you've nipped it in
> the bud. Top work fella.

I GOT A PSP WOOOOOHOOOOO!
Fri 01/04/05 at 18:42
Regular
": ("
Because Sony said they want to concentrate on the Japanese and US market.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.