GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anyone having saving problems on Ps2 slimline?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 31/03/05 at 14:25
Regular
"Dulce et decorum es"
Right had my ps2 slimline for a while now but only been playing ps2 games. Now its easter I decided to get final fantasy 7 back out and finish it off. dusted off my old ps1 memory card and stuck it in.

The ps2 asked me to format the memory card and as soon as I'd pressed x i knew it was going to wipe the card! I was really angry because I was in the north crater on disc 3 as i rememberd and really couldnt be bothered to go back and do the whole game again.

So I decided to start final fantasy 8 instead now having an empty ps1 memory card. Played it for about an hour to the point of leaving garden when i decided to save again. At the save point the ps2 again told me the ps1 memory card wasnt formatted and must be formatted before saving. so i formatted thecard again knowing there was nothing on it to wipe only to discovere that i still couldnt save the game. After formatting and choosing to save the game on to the card the screen simply said failed to save to memory card.

Anybody else experianced this problem in the past? or know how to deal with it? any advice would be much appreciated...
Thu 31/03/05 at 15:34
Regular
": ("
I can't help, but I can tell you something similar that happened to me.

I was using Max Drive to update my teams on PES4, I did all of the necessary things you have to do but for some reason when the game tried loading my option file it said my data was corrupted so I went to my Browser to delete the save on my m.card and found that it had corrupted all of my data on the card so I deleted all of the data and for some reason it started to say 'You need to format your memory card' and I was like "WTF?" and they were like "we're Sony, you can't expect us to let you use 3rd party software and get away with it" so I was like "f**k you Sony" but they were like "speak to the hand, sister, cause the face aint listening" and it went on and on until I finally come to the verdict that Sony suck.

Hope I helped.
Thu 31/03/05 at 15:01
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
Stridman wrote:
> It doesn't, he's taking the p*ss.
>
> :D

aw rite, thanks for the help Hedfix.

Has anyone had a simliar problem or know how to help me with mine?
Thu 31/03/05 at 14:56
Regular
": ("
It doesn't, he's taking the p*ss.

:D
Thu 31/03/05 at 14:41
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
I didnt know it had one?
Thu 31/03/05 at 14:29
Regular
"8==="
I'm having problems with the built in HD.
Thu 31/03/05 at 14:28
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
sorry logged in on the wrong account!
Thu 31/03/05 at 14:25
Regular
"Dulce et decorum es"
Right had my ps2 slimline for a while now but only been playing ps2 games. Now its easter I decided to get final fantasy 7 back out and finish it off. dusted off my old ps1 memory card and stuck it in.

The ps2 asked me to format the memory card and as soon as I'd pressed x i knew it was going to wipe the card! I was really angry because I was in the north crater on disc 3 as i rememberd and really couldnt be bothered to go back and do the whole game again.

So I decided to start final fantasy 8 instead now having an empty ps1 memory card. Played it for about an hour to the point of leaving garden when i decided to save again. At the save point the ps2 again told me the ps1 memory card wasnt formatted and must be formatted before saving. so i formatted thecard again knowing there was nothing on it to wipe only to discovere that i still couldnt save the game. After formatting and choosing to save the game on to the card the screen simply said failed to save to memory card.

Anybody else experianced this problem in the past? or know how to deal with it? any advice would be much appreciated...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.