GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anyone having saving problems on Ps2 slimline?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 31/03/05 at 14:25
Regular
"Dulce et decorum es"
Right had my ps2 slimline for a while now but only been playing ps2 games. Now its easter I decided to get final fantasy 7 back out and finish it off. dusted off my old ps1 memory card and stuck it in.

The ps2 asked me to format the memory card and as soon as I'd pressed x i knew it was going to wipe the card! I was really angry because I was in the north crater on disc 3 as i rememberd and really couldnt be bothered to go back and do the whole game again.

So I decided to start final fantasy 8 instead now having an empty ps1 memory card. Played it for about an hour to the point of leaving garden when i decided to save again. At the save point the ps2 again told me the ps1 memory card wasnt formatted and must be formatted before saving. so i formatted thecard again knowing there was nothing on it to wipe only to discovere that i still couldnt save the game. After formatting and choosing to save the game on to the card the screen simply said failed to save to memory card.

Anybody else experianced this problem in the past? or know how to deal with it? any advice would be much appreciated...
Thu 31/03/05 at 20:10
Regular
"8==="
Just grab a PS1 off ebay/amazon.

They're only 14 quid
Thu 31/03/05 at 19:36
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Pringle28 wrote:
>
> does anyone have an official ps memory card which appears to work on
> the slimline?

Yeah, I'll try and find the card later and test it with my new slimline, but right now I can't be a***d.
Thu 31/03/05 at 19:32
Regular
"8==="
Technically I could have a HD in my PS2 y'know.
Thu 31/03/05 at 19:24
Regular
": ("
Harsh.
Thu 31/03/05 at 19:04
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
Hedfix wrote:
> Mabye you can save ps1 games on the HD. ;)

Yeah possibly! d**khead
Thu 31/03/05 at 18:37
Regular
"8==="
Mabye you can save ps1 games on the HD. ;)
Thu 31/03/05 at 16:13
Regular
All these stupid little things Sony do really make me think whether I should buy the PS3 when it comes out. Disc Read Errors, stupid memory cards, worst customer service in the world etc. I'd rather get a different console and not have to worry about all of that.

And apparently alot of people have been getting DREs on their Slimline PS2s and even PSPs!
Thu 31/03/05 at 15:57
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
Stridman wrote:
> You've got a point there, if PS2 memory cards don't work with PS1
> games then how are you supposed to play your old PS1 games if you
> can't even save?
>
> And Sony don't sell PS1 memory cards (or do they...?) anymore so how
> do they expect us to play PS1 games.

Yeah sony have stopped selling their own official memory cards so unless you use a certain internet auction site there is no physical way of playing ps games on a ps2 without using a third party ps card which appears not to work on the new slimline ps2!

crazy!

does anyone have an official ps memory card which appears to work on the slimline?
Thu 31/03/05 at 15:51
Regular
You've got a point there, if PS2 memory cards don't work with PS1 games then how are you supposed to play your old PS1 games if you can't even save?

And Sony don't sell PS1 memory cards (or do they...?) anymore so how do they expect us to play PS1 games.
Thu 31/03/05 at 15:48
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
Stridman wrote:
> I can't help, but I can tell you something similar that happened to
> me.
>
> I was using Max Drive to update my teams on PES4, I did all of the
> necessary things you have to do but for some reason when the game
> tried loading my option file it said my data was corrupted so I went
> to my Browser to delete the save on my m.card and found that it had
> corrupted all of my data on the card so I deleted all of the data and
> for some reason it started to say 'You need to format your memory
> card' and I was like "WTF?" and they were like "we're
> Sony, you can't expect us to let you use 3rd party software and get
> away with it" so I was like "f**k you Sony" but they
> were like "speak to the hand, sister, cause the face aint
> listening" and it went on and on until I finally come to the
> verdict that Sony suck.
>
> Hope I helped.

yeah a little! just been on sony's website and basically they just say if isn't officially sony then they dont want anything to do with it.

My memory card is logic 3 and worked on my old ps2 but one thing ive found is that ps memory cards never appear in the ps2 browser! Has anyone else found this? and becasue it dosnt appear in the browser I have no real way of accessing its data other than through playing ps games.

Do the official ps memory cards appear in the browser?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.