GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"RESPECT MAN UNITED"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 08/04/01 at 19:29
Regular
Manchester United. Not many people like them? Pa! That’s like saying they aren’t any good at football, which is normally the kind of response a hater of United to say.

I don’t support Manchester United, but unlike many people, I do not hate them, as Alex Ferguson’s men are the most likely source of silverware every season, particularly through Europe – and if a British team are in Europe, and it’s usually Manchester United, then I want them to do well, as Blackburn don’t seem to have much of a chance of playing the likes of Real Madrid, Bayen Munich and Juventus, so whenever a UK squad gets into the European elite I have to cheer! However, Blackburn could get into Europe soon if they get promoted (and they will!)!

Man United are going to win the premiership again this year. No question about it – with less than a handful of defeats, it seems the mighty Red Devils are cementing their dominating presence into the 21st century and look unstoppable really! Of course they do slip up from time to time, losing to Liverpool, getting beaten at home by their German equivalents, but I can’t see them going out of Europe – they’ll go to Munich with the same attitude that has awarded them so many trophies and prestigious titles over the years, and they probably will win something like 2-1 and win on away goals.

They’re a big business. Manchester United have the most successful manager, are the richest club in the world, have the most supporters and the largest stadium to accommodate just 1% of them all (68,000 now?)! Alex Ferguson has the most talented squad in the premiership, and possibly in Europe, and the best thing is most of them are English. I’ll give you a quick rundown of the main players at Old Trafford in a minute!

Man United are currently sitting high above anyone else in the premiership, and could easily win by a clear 15 points or so, which is really quite amazing. They’ve won every single premier league title with the exception of 1995’s Blackburn championship and 1998’s Arsenal title. In 1999 they won the treble, the FA cup, league and Champions League – I found it quite incredible as they scored 2 in the last few minutes! Amazing stuff that made nearly every jaw drop in he country. Those Sheringham and Solksjaer goals were absolutely amazing, and most United supporters will be able to tell you exactly what they were doing when the goals flew in. It was simply astounding, and I think possibly the best match I have seen on TV!

Man United play at one of the most atmospheric (and ever increasing in capacity) stadiums in the world, and although I have never had the experience of watching any teams play here, I would dearly love to go and see Blackburn play United next season when Blackburn of course will be playing in the Premiership! The ground Old Trafford is very famous – the Theatre of Dreams. Many players would move to United just to play here!

The most influential player rundown:

David Beckham: At just 25 years old (I think) he’s one of the greatest players the world has ever seen, and deserves to where the famous number 7 shirt in my view, and he’s definitely as influential as the incredibly talented, yet similarly highly talked about, Eric Cantona. The press may go on about him 24/7, and he may where his wife’s clothes from time to time, and he may even talk in a strange voice, but there’s no denying it – David Beckham is the greatest English player, and is likely to be voted the world’s greatest player within a couple of seasons. Respect!

Teddy Sheringham: Over 30, and still he’s the best Man United striker! Unbelievably quick and has great awareness, on and off the ball, Sheringham has got to be the best bargain signing for Manchester United, and would easily be in the England team if I were in Eriksson’s shoes! He may not be the best of friends with fellow striker Andrew Cole, but they play well as a team up front. He may well end up with the Golden Boot for this year, if he can catch up Jimmy Floyd @ Chelsea! Superb player, one of England’s best also.

Fabien Barthez: the best French goalkeeper in a very long time, and a worthy ‘true’ replacement for the supreme Great Dane Schmeical (I canny spell, sorry!). No one really considered Mark Bosnich, Taibi or Van Der Gouw to be of suitable quality of replacing the best goalkeeper in existence, or did they? Only Barthez would do in the eyes of Alex Ferguson, and now Man United continue the trend of not having a British goalkeeper – seems to work in their favour!

Ryan Giggs: the best Welsh winger and controller of the ball you’ll ever hear about. He’s got incredible pace, and has been at Old Trafford for his entire playing career – he’s likely to stay there too. I don’t know who’ll eventually replace him, but it seems like Giggs has been running up and down that left flank for ages! Can anyone remember that goal he scored against Arsenal a couple of seasons back? Now that is what I call individual genius. Ryan Giggs – another top quality Man United player.

The defence: I won’t single out any individual players here as all the defence at Man United play at a very high standard and work impeccably well as a unit. Jaap Stam has proved that his £10million price tag was a bargain, the Neville brothers: Gary and Phil, both play well, and are often in the England team; Ronny Johnsen sometimes plays, Wes Brown may score own goals, but he’s a future England regular I am certain! There’re also many others, including a lot of improving youngsters, which will help ensure Manchester retain the trophies, and their flawless goal difference!

Roy Keane: the Irish hard man, who’s been magnificent over the years. His work rate is unrivalled in my view, and his switching of play is very intelligent. He can defend, score goals and boost morale – an excellent captain, when and if he gets the captaincy – I think Sheringham is at the moment. Again, he seems to have spent a lifetime at united, on a high wage Roy Keane doesn’t look like he’s going anywhere soon!

Alex Ferguson: Ok, so I’ve left a lot of players out, but the ones I have included are players who I feel are playing the best football out of the entire squad. So onto the manager – he’s a tactical genius, a talent spotter and one of the most highly regarded and respected managers in the world. As I say his record is impressive with United winning over 63% of all their games under his command. Ferguson, when he retires from United will probably stay on as a chief executive at the club, or something similar, but expect a lot of offers for him – an excellent manager.

Ok, I’ll try and bring this post to a close within the 1500 word mark, but I just hope that you can appreciate that other teams, players, fans and a lot of people in general will be envious of them, people may hate them because they’re such an impressive team, that nearly always brings some silverware home each season. As a business they are also successful, but as a football team is how I regard them as the very best. The team spirit and style of play is something different to everywhere else, and they always play with certain flair and offer great entertainment.

Man United even have their own television channel, the most kits in a season and a record sponsorship from Vodafone! Umbro supply the kits, which are the famous red and white in colour.

United are a five star class act all the way – if you’re a neutral supporter you can’t go far wrong than watching them play on the box or at the ground.

Dan2K1
Sun 08/04/01 at 23:13
I'm not here just to win! BUT if my posts are the best, which I'm not saying they are, just that all forums should be at least considered when the gameaday or filmaday winner is chosen, then I think I should win?!

Obviously I am not here to win, but it'd be nice if I did, if I deserved it, and I think I do sometimes.

DAN2K1
Sun 08/04/01 at 20:29
Regular
"You've upset me"
I'm saying I thought you would have had the maturity not to post here just to win
Sun 08/04/01 at 20:25
Erm, thanks RBS - seeing as I haven't got the feintist idea as to what you're talking about I shall ignore your message.
Sun 08/04/01 at 20:20
Regular
Still though they're been crap for a while.
Sun 08/04/01 at 20:10
Regular
"You've upset me"
Look Dan I know you're 6 but honestly, you being a regular an all I would have thought you had the maturity not to post here JUST to wina game.

People who do that are pathologically sad and pathetic. C'mon I thought you had more sense than this!
Sun 08/04/01 at 20:06
Look - that's great, but your saying this will probably mean I won't win!? And not being rude at all, but I have posted dozens of reviews recently, and none have won me anything!
Sun 08/04/01 at 19:58
Regular
"You've upset me"
Only one problem with that MWA. I'm not actually a Rastafarian :-)

Still thanks anyway :-D
Sun 08/04/01 at 19:54
"Uzi Lover"
Hail the Rasta!
Sun 08/04/01 at 19:40
Regular
"You've upset me"
I think it's quite funny, the fact that you've complained that pieces in other forums don't win. After making that complaint you've basically forced SR into giving you the GAD prize simply because you want evidence. There's no denying it this is a good piece but it's gonna win pureley becuase of the fact that you complained and asked for "proof"

Oh and by the way, Teddy Sheringham's moving soon :-D
Sun 08/04/01 at 19:29
Manchester United. Not many people like them? Pa! That’s like saying they aren’t any good at football, which is normally the kind of response a hater of United to say.

I don’t support Manchester United, but unlike many people, I do not hate them, as Alex Ferguson’s men are the most likely source of silverware every season, particularly through Europe – and if a British team are in Europe, and it’s usually Manchester United, then I want them to do well, as Blackburn don’t seem to have much of a chance of playing the likes of Real Madrid, Bayen Munich and Juventus, so whenever a UK squad gets into the European elite I have to cheer! However, Blackburn could get into Europe soon if they get promoted (and they will!)!

Man United are going to win the premiership again this year. No question about it – with less than a handful of defeats, it seems the mighty Red Devils are cementing their dominating presence into the 21st century and look unstoppable really! Of course they do slip up from time to time, losing to Liverpool, getting beaten at home by their German equivalents, but I can’t see them going out of Europe – they’ll go to Munich with the same attitude that has awarded them so many trophies and prestigious titles over the years, and they probably will win something like 2-1 and win on away goals.

They’re a big business. Manchester United have the most successful manager, are the richest club in the world, have the most supporters and the largest stadium to accommodate just 1% of them all (68,000 now?)! Alex Ferguson has the most talented squad in the premiership, and possibly in Europe, and the best thing is most of them are English. I’ll give you a quick rundown of the main players at Old Trafford in a minute!

Man United are currently sitting high above anyone else in the premiership, and could easily win by a clear 15 points or so, which is really quite amazing. They’ve won every single premier league title with the exception of 1995’s Blackburn championship and 1998’s Arsenal title. In 1999 they won the treble, the FA cup, league and Champions League – I found it quite incredible as they scored 2 in the last few minutes! Amazing stuff that made nearly every jaw drop in he country. Those Sheringham and Solksjaer goals were absolutely amazing, and most United supporters will be able to tell you exactly what they were doing when the goals flew in. It was simply astounding, and I think possibly the best match I have seen on TV!

Man United play at one of the most atmospheric (and ever increasing in capacity) stadiums in the world, and although I have never had the experience of watching any teams play here, I would dearly love to go and see Blackburn play United next season when Blackburn of course will be playing in the Premiership! The ground Old Trafford is very famous – the Theatre of Dreams. Many players would move to United just to play here!

The most influential player rundown:

David Beckham: At just 25 years old (I think) he’s one of the greatest players the world has ever seen, and deserves to where the famous number 7 shirt in my view, and he’s definitely as influential as the incredibly talented, yet similarly highly talked about, Eric Cantona. The press may go on about him 24/7, and he may where his wife’s clothes from time to time, and he may even talk in a strange voice, but there’s no denying it – David Beckham is the greatest English player, and is likely to be voted the world’s greatest player within a couple of seasons. Respect!

Teddy Sheringham: Over 30, and still he’s the best Man United striker! Unbelievably quick and has great awareness, on and off the ball, Sheringham has got to be the best bargain signing for Manchester United, and would easily be in the England team if I were in Eriksson’s shoes! He may not be the best of friends with fellow striker Andrew Cole, but they play well as a team up front. He may well end up with the Golden Boot for this year, if he can catch up Jimmy Floyd @ Chelsea! Superb player, one of England’s best also.

Fabien Barthez: the best French goalkeeper in a very long time, and a worthy ‘true’ replacement for the supreme Great Dane Schmeical (I canny spell, sorry!). No one really considered Mark Bosnich, Taibi or Van Der Gouw to be of suitable quality of replacing the best goalkeeper in existence, or did they? Only Barthez would do in the eyes of Alex Ferguson, and now Man United continue the trend of not having a British goalkeeper – seems to work in their favour!

Ryan Giggs: the best Welsh winger and controller of the ball you’ll ever hear about. He’s got incredible pace, and has been at Old Trafford for his entire playing career – he’s likely to stay there too. I don’t know who’ll eventually replace him, but it seems like Giggs has been running up and down that left flank for ages! Can anyone remember that goal he scored against Arsenal a couple of seasons back? Now that is what I call individual genius. Ryan Giggs – another top quality Man United player.

The defence: I won’t single out any individual players here as all the defence at Man United play at a very high standard and work impeccably well as a unit. Jaap Stam has proved that his £10million price tag was a bargain, the Neville brothers: Gary and Phil, both play well, and are often in the England team; Ronny Johnsen sometimes plays, Wes Brown may score own goals, but he’s a future England regular I am certain! There’re also many others, including a lot of improving youngsters, which will help ensure Manchester retain the trophies, and their flawless goal difference!

Roy Keane: the Irish hard man, who’s been magnificent over the years. His work rate is unrivalled in my view, and his switching of play is very intelligent. He can defend, score goals and boost morale – an excellent captain, when and if he gets the captaincy – I think Sheringham is at the moment. Again, he seems to have spent a lifetime at united, on a high wage Roy Keane doesn’t look like he’s going anywhere soon!

Alex Ferguson: Ok, so I’ve left a lot of players out, but the ones I have included are players who I feel are playing the best football out of the entire squad. So onto the manager – he’s a tactical genius, a talent spotter and one of the most highly regarded and respected managers in the world. As I say his record is impressive with United winning over 63% of all their games under his command. Ferguson, when he retires from United will probably stay on as a chief executive at the club, or something similar, but expect a lot of offers for him – an excellent manager.

Ok, I’ll try and bring this post to a close within the 1500 word mark, but I just hope that you can appreciate that other teams, players, fans and a lot of people in general will be envious of them, people may hate them because they’re such an impressive team, that nearly always brings some silverware home each season. As a business they are also successful, but as a football team is how I regard them as the very best. The team spirit and style of play is something different to everywhere else, and they always play with certain flair and offer great entertainment.

Man United even have their own television channel, the most kits in a season and a record sponsorship from Vodafone! Umbro supply the kits, which are the famous red and white in colour.

United are a five star class act all the way – if you’re a neutral supporter you can’t go far wrong than watching them play on the box or at the ground.

Dan2K1

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.