GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I always liked them maaaaan"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 22/03/04 at 13:08
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I predict in a couple weeks/months, all you little skate-rats will be trying to find Clutch hoodies and being all "Yeah dude, Clench like, raaaawk!!!!eleven".
Why?
Because the new album is out March 30th, and the first single "Mob Goes Wild" is directed by Bam Margera, a long-time superfan. Which means eMpTyV will rotate the ass off it and suddenly they'll be everyone's favourite new band (that have been playing for 10+years)

I hope Clutch do get the exposure they richly deserve, but I get the feeling it'll be a 15minutes sniffing at the barn door before heading back into the rainy yard and plying their trade to a small fanbase again.
Shame, but at least I won't have to suddenly fork out £25 to see them at Wembley because some guy on a music channel directed their video.

[URL]http://www.pro-rock.com/v6/images_video_mob_shoot.html[/URL]
Tue 23/03/04 at 11:04
Regular
I liked Red Horse Rainbow, but apart from that, it's too noisy for me. There's a guy on my corridor who hardly listens to anything but Clutch and Tool. Then he calls me a girl for always listening to U2 or Counting Crows. I can live with it.
Tue 23/03/04 at 11:05
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Thank God somebody posted

I was here all along on the forums

Now I'm going to play games
Tue 23/03/04 at 11:14
Regular
I pity you. It's much cooler to be sitting here avoiding going to the gym. I'm where it's at.
Tue 23/03/04 at 16:23
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Goatboy wrote:
> It's not like that, not a snobby "Yeah, I was there first".

I was being genuine!
Tue 23/03/04 at 17:39
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Stryke wrote:
> Then he calls me a girl for always listening to U2
> or Counting Crows. I can live with it.

In fairness to that guy, you are a girl for listening to those bands. Your Led Zep, Cream and Hendrix should be on heavier rotation.

AS far as Clutch go, I listened to two live tracks quite a while back - one was called Animal and I can't remember what the other was. One of them was alright, the other didn't impress me much, but again I can't remember which was which. The Elephant Riders soudns interesting, might give it a listen. Concept albums are cool.
Tue 23/03/04 at 19:36
Regular
pft, nothing wrong with U2 or CC, just not, er, all the time, that's all.

As for Clutch, I wasactuallywouldyoubelieveitHiggins thinking about them today. I've started to develop this thing about collecting albums, I think it's because of all the music shops I've been going to.

Clutch is a fantastic band that I really need to get albums of.. which makes them unfortuantely tied to a great list. Added then to the fact I still have no money (I was already in debt when I bought drums, but I'm working now to get the zero back) and the stupid mass market cd shops we have around here don't seem to stock Clutch, then I guess it might be a while.

So for now the Led Zeppelin can keep me amused with small breaks for Pink Floyd, Cure, Doves or whatever I have floating around. But I approve, Clutch are great.
Tue 23/03/04 at 19:38
Regular
Blank wrote:
Concept albums are cool.

Yup.

I think The Flaming Lips did one, Yoshimi Battles the Robots or something? I've never heard anything by them at all, worth a listen?
Tue 23/03/04 at 19:45
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> I think The Flaming Lips did one, Yoshimi Battles the Robots or
> something? I've never heard anything by them at all, worth a listen?

I didn't know it was a concept album, but I haven't heard it. In my opinion, they're not worth a listen. The singer has a terribly grainy, hoarse voice that sounds like he has throat cancer and wants to spoil the lives of everyone else as well. And the music isn't memorable.
Tue 23/03/04 at 19:56
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I gave clutch a go a while back, but im afraid they arent to my taste.
Tue 23/03/04 at 23:12
Regular
Blank wrote:

"In my opinion, they're not worth a listen."

Damn. I'll listen at some point, but that's disappointing.

I can't really think of that many concept albums. Dark Side and The Wall, well, even Wish You Were Here really...

Outside Floyd I'm a little lost.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.