GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I always liked them maaaaan"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 22/03/04 at 13:08
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I predict in a couple weeks/months, all you little skate-rats will be trying to find Clutch hoodies and being all "Yeah dude, Clench like, raaaawk!!!!eleven".
Why?
Because the new album is out March 30th, and the first single "Mob Goes Wild" is directed by Bam Margera, a long-time superfan. Which means eMpTyV will rotate the ass off it and suddenly they'll be everyone's favourite new band (that have been playing for 10+years)

I hope Clutch do get the exposure they richly deserve, but I get the feeling it'll be a 15minutes sniffing at the barn door before heading back into the rainy yard and plying their trade to a small fanbase again.
Shame, but at least I won't have to suddenly fork out £25 to see them at Wembley because some guy on a music channel directed their video.

[URL]http://www.pro-rock.com/v6/images_video_mob_shoot.html[/URL]
Mon 22/03/04 at 13:08
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I predict in a couple weeks/months, all you little skate-rats will be trying to find Clutch hoodies and being all "Yeah dude, Clench like, raaaawk!!!!eleven".
Why?
Because the new album is out March 30th, and the first single "Mob Goes Wild" is directed by Bam Margera, a long-time superfan. Which means eMpTyV will rotate the ass off it and suddenly they'll be everyone's favourite new band (that have been playing for 10+years)

I hope Clutch do get the exposure they richly deserve, but I get the feeling it'll be a 15minutes sniffing at the barn door before heading back into the rainy yard and plying their trade to a small fanbase again.
Shame, but at least I won't have to suddenly fork out £25 to see them at Wembley because some guy on a music channel directed their video.

[URL]http://www.pro-rock.com/v6/images_video_mob_shoot.html[/URL]
Mon 22/03/04 at 13:40
Regular
Never heard any of their stuff.

Any good?
Mon 22/03/04 at 16:53
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Quiet, you old maaaan.
Mon 22/03/04 at 19:22
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
I have been hearing more about them lately, and I always thought of these boards. Well done for getting there before everyone else.
Tue 23/03/04 at 00:28
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
It's not like that, not a snobby "Yeah, I was there first".
God knows I've been trying to get people to listen to them for the past few years here and elsewhere.
It's the manner in which they're shortly to be everybody's favourite new band - not on musical merit but on the cool-by-association with eMpTyV's pet alternative bloke.
Tue 23/03/04 at 00:42
"I love yo... lamp."
Actually your going on about them worked. I took a chance, and they are good.

So seeing as I have Clutch and Pure Rock Fury, which should I get next? How many albums do they have anyway?
Tue 23/03/04 at 09:13
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
They have, starting from the 1st:

Transnational Speedway Leagues - Very aggressive, shouty but good.

Self-titled - Quintessential Clutch. Heavy, non-aggressive and rolling

The Elephant Riders - Start to develop their sound more. Trombones/banjos, keyboards. A semi-concept album about the American Civil War being fought with Elephants and huge Zeppelins.

Jam Rooom - Relaxed, free-form jams. Has "Who Wants to Rock?" and "Big Fat Pig", 2 of their best songs.

Pure Rock Fury - You know this already

Slow Hole to China - Demos and unreleased fan favourites.

Live at The Googolplex - What it says.

Blast Tyrant - March 30th. My favourite album so far. Worth ordering.

-------

I'd recommend Selt-Titled, The Elephant Riders & PRF for newcomers.
All worth owning.

"Good god almighty we was panning for gold...down at the banks of mighty Colorado...when all a sudden came an awful sound...ten thousand buffalo a'running us down"
Tue 23/03/04 at 09:17
Regular
"relocated"
Goatboy wrote:
> I predict in a couple weeks/months, all you little skate-rats will be
> trying to find Clutch hoodies and being all "Yeah dude, Clench
> like, raaaawk!!!!eleven".

*Runs off to fake a receipt from Rough Trade*
Tue 23/03/04 at 10:42
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Goatie - do you think "Blast Tyrant" is a much more polished album than say, "Pure Rock Fury"?
Tue 23/03/04 at 10:53
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I downloaded some stuff a while back.

Not my thing and I remember a scary ass video

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.