GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I always liked them maaaaan"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 22/03/04 at 13:08
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I predict in a couple weeks/months, all you little skate-rats will be trying to find Clutch hoodies and being all "Yeah dude, Clench like, raaaawk!!!!eleven".
Why?
Because the new album is out March 30th, and the first single "Mob Goes Wild" is directed by Bam Margera, a long-time superfan. Which means eMpTyV will rotate the ass off it and suddenly they'll be everyone's favourite new band (that have been playing for 10+years)

I hope Clutch do get the exposure they richly deserve, but I get the feeling it'll be a 15minutes sniffing at the barn door before heading back into the rainy yard and plying their trade to a small fanbase again.
Shame, but at least I won't have to suddenly fork out £25 to see them at Wembley because some guy on a music channel directed their video.

[URL]http://www.pro-rock.com/v6/images_video_mob_shoot.html[/URL]
Thu 25/03/04 at 00:22
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Liar.
Thu 25/03/04 at 00:20
Regular
I don't get it.
Thu 25/03/04 at 00:18
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
I have others to fall back on.

Such as Crashmat University. Buh-boom-tsch.
Thu 25/03/04 at 00:15
Regular
My music taste is good. No more discussion, Blank. OK? Or else I'll make York anti-you. eh eh eh?
Wed 24/03/04 at 23:03
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
I wrote a little more than that, Grix. :)
Wed 24/03/04 at 23:00
Regular
Blank wrote:
Dredg.

Thanks :) I need to make some sort of list of music I need to look at. Or er, listen to.
Wed 24/03/04 at 22:52
Regular
Blank wrote:
> Stryke wrote:
> Silence, fool. I don't actually always listen to them, I was making
> a
> point. On usual rotation at the moment, I have Cream, Zep II &
> IV,
>
> *nods*
>
> Flaming Lips, Sinatra, Jamie Cullum,
> Lifehouse, 'phonics, GnR, Manics, Radiohead, RHCP....etc etc
>
> *opposite of nodding*

pft, I think that's rather good music taste actually, I shall look into Flaming Lips...

And thanks about Tommy, I'd forgot about that altogether. I need to find a decent second hand music store.
Wed 24/03/04 at 22:50
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> I can't really think of that many concept albums. Dark Side and The
> Wall, well, even Wish You Were Here really...
>
> Outside Floyd I'm a little lost.

Band called Dredg. Sound like a shouty thrash metal band, but they aren't. Ask Cyclone or FFF to confirm. They're a very rock band, both their albums are concepts.

Leitmotif, their first and heavier album, deals with a man who has to go on a journey to cure himself of a moral disease (bit odd, I know). Their second, El Cielo, revolves around sleep paralysis, and the lyrical theme ties in brilliantly with the music to create the dream effect. It's a masterpiece, really. Both albums use a method of flowing tracks into one another; they aren't the kind of band that you can use to pick out tracks for a mix CD, you need to sit down and listen to an album in its entirety. But you'll be glad you did, it's more than worth it. If you're interested, Amazon should have their albums at a reasonable price.
Wed 24/03/04 at 22:46
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Stryke wrote:
> Silence, fool. I don't actually always listen to them, I was making a
> point. On usual rotation at the moment, I have Cream, Zep II & IV,

*nods*

> Flaming Lips, Sinatra, Jamie Cullum,
> Lifehouse, 'phonics, GnR, Manics, Radiohead, RHCP....etc etc

*opposite of nodding*
Wed 24/03/04 at 21:29
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> Blank wrote:
> Concept albums are cool.
>
> Yup.
>
> I think The Flaming Lips did one, Yoshimi Battles the Robots or
> something? I've never heard anything by them at all, worth a listen?

Yoshimi is very odd. It's an acquired taste, but easily listenable to in a passive sense. I.e, not really listening.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.