GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Racism is Going Too Far"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 20/03/04 at 17:22
Regular
"??????"
Let's face it. Racism is something which has to stop.

Despite attempts on numerous occasions to prevent Racism from occuring, it has not stopped, as I am sure you will all know.

Also, words which are intended to be Racist are now being used merely as common insults.

But let's just get to the point; Racism is bad. It must be stopped. Right now. Who agrees?
Sat 20/03/04 at 20:19
Regular
Cwazy Wabbit wrote:
> Racism is to all different backgrounds, religions and nations, not
> just black people. I think they should make it illegal, there should
> be a fine for every Racism/Discrimination said.
You're an idiot.
Can you really see that working?
Sat 20/03/04 at 20:14
Regular
Sooo.....a black person saying to his brother, "Hi, what's up negro?" will mean he should be fined?
Sat 20/03/04 at 20:08
Regular
": ("
Racism is to all different backgrounds, religions and nations, not just black people. I think they should make it illegal, there should be a fine for every Racism/Discrimination said.
Sat 20/03/04 at 19:19
Regular
Forest Fan wrote:
> Sometimes I get called "Milky"!

Why, do you milk alot of cows?
Sat 20/03/04 at 19:17
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Forest Fan wrote:
> Yeh racism is bad and should stop. But all this "political
> correctness" doesn't help anyone though.

Hate to admit this but i actually agree with the religious freak. Political Correctness causes more harm and tension than anything.
Sat 20/03/04 at 18:56
Regular
"100% Sonic fan"
Racism will go away becoase in a copuple of millions of years there will be no race
Sat 20/03/04 at 18:53
Regular
Forest Fan wrote:
> Sometimes I get called "Milky"!

Fatty or skimmed? Maybe even semi skimmed?
Sat 20/03/04 at 18:52
Regular
Rickoss wrote:
> Erm... of course racism isn't a good thing. I don't really see it as
> much of an issue though; the majority of people I know accept people,
> no matter what race, for who they are and not what they look like.

I guess, the problem is that everyone looks at someone and has an initial impression of them, based entirely on their appearance; they will also form views on them, despite the fact that those views have no way of originating from their appearance. For example, how do you know that a middle aged, serious looking guy wearing a suit is a Consevative supporter? You don't, but some have those views. Another one - look, a Chinese, he's bound to be a greedy capitalist jerk. And - OMG, he's well built and black - he must have stabbed someone in the past.

There are many more, but it's in our genes to be racist; so unless in the future we somehow manage to locate this DNA area (if it exists), and in turn replace it with something less "racist", then the issue of racism will never stop.

Even if laws and the behaviour of everyone is suppressed to the level that no active racism takes place, people will still think it in their heads - no matter what. In fact, and this is a bold statement, I can say that everyone living being is racist, but to different levels. Possibly not the one cell amoeba though.
Sat 20/03/04 at 18:50
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
Sometimes I get called "Milky"!
Sat 20/03/04 at 18:41
Regular
Snufkin wrote:
> I think their word for "white foreigner" is made up of those
> words. well that's what my asian girlfriend and others told me. white
> devil/ghost

Yeah, roughly translates to ghost man. I don't get that either.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.