GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"IGN's 'Hilarious' Cube-Related April Fools Day Jokes"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 02/04/05 at 13:14
"Shotgun+Zombie=Mess"
[URL]http://cube.ign.com/articles/600/600860p1.html[/URL] - Metroid Movie Details.
[URL]http://media.cube.ign.com/articles/600/600962/imgs_1.html?ui=rssFeed[/URL] - Zelda pictures.

I don't know for sure if those Zelda pics are fakes but they don't look real if you look at the big picture + they were added on 1st of April. In the Metroid one, I hope what Michelle Rodriguez said about the 'cube was made up because she might just need re-educating *goes to find Michelle Rodriguez's message board*

Whats the point of April Fools' Day jokes if they aren't even funny?
Sat 02/04/05 at 13:14
"Shotgun+Zombie=Mess"
[URL]http://cube.ign.com/articles/600/600860p1.html[/URL] - Metroid Movie Details.
[URL]http://media.cube.ign.com/articles/600/600962/imgs_1.html?ui=rssFeed[/URL] - Zelda pictures.

I don't know for sure if those Zelda pics are fakes but they don't look real if you look at the big picture + they were added on 1st of April. In the Metroid one, I hope what Michelle Rodriguez said about the 'cube was made up because she might just need re-educating *goes to find Michelle Rodriguez's message board*

Whats the point of April Fools' Day jokes if they aren't even funny?
Sat 02/04/05 at 13:20
Regular
"bot"
maybe you're just too uptight to find it funny.

are you sad because they made fun of your favourite console? :' {
Sat 02/04/05 at 13:37
"Shotgun+Zombie=Mess"
Memorandum! wrote:
> maybe you're just too uptight to find it funny.
>
> are you sad because they made fun of your favourite console? :' {

No, I find a lot of things funny, this was just one of the worst April Fools Day 'jokes' that I saw this year IMO. I just didn't see how it was funny, that's all.
And it's not really my favourite console, I prefer my PC.
Sat 02/04/05 at 13:43
Regular
"bot"
I thought it was moderately funny. I bet a lot of other people did too.
It's not like it will actually offend anybody, so why make a post whining?
Sat 02/04/05 at 15:39
Regular
"bit of a brain"
To be honest those are pretty crap april fools stories. The Metroid one isn't actually funny at all, as it's pretty much exactly what you expect, coupled with the fact that it's so obviously a 'joke'. Dunno about those Zelda pictures - I don't see the point in it really. They're not exactly shocking pictures, just slight composites.
Sat 02/04/05 at 15:41
Regular
"bot"
The fact that the Metroid story is so poor is what makes it funny. That and the way it so obviously winds people like this guy up.
Sat 02/04/05 at 15:42
Regular
"the burning sky"
~ pResident Evil ~ wrote:
> I hope what Michelle Rodriguez said about
> the 'cube was made up because she might just need re-educating

IGN wrote:
> Variety also didn't report any of this because it's an April Fools joke.

Also there doesnt seem to be anything wrong with the Zelda pics.
Sat 02/04/05 at 15:42
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I don't know why it would wind anybody up. I suppose if you actually believed it in the first place, and also thought that the Metroid movie could actually be good/cared in any way it would.

The whole "cube- for kids" joke is just old and poor. IGN never had a sense of humour, this just proves it.
Sat 02/04/05 at 15:44
Regular
"the burning sky"
Ah just noticed, there arent any more pics with them, cus the rest are under "Legend Of Zelda : GCN". Plus it looks like they've photoshopped Link/Epona onto them. The only picture i've seen with the moon, is the wolf one.
Sat 02/04/05 at 15:46
Regular
"bit of a brain"
It's just really pointless.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.