GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Blizzard, you dirty fudgepackers!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'World of Warcraft'.
Sun 03/04/05 at 00:04
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
15th April, Europe gets 250,000 copies of WoW...with 10-day trials instead of the usual free month! I hope they catch fire.
Tue 05/04/05 at 10:47
Regular
Yes. It's like what they did with the Special Edition box sets.
Tue 05/04/05 at 10:42
Regular
"serenity now!"
From www.worldofwar.net: [URL]http://www.worldofwar.net/[/URL]

Additional EU Copies Incoming Rush 10:09:PST

SOme good news today as Blizzard EU announce that on the 15th of April 250,000 copies will be shipping to EU retailers and they will also include a 10 day guest pass.

Blizzard Entertainment announced today that an additional 250,000 standard box copies of World of Warcraft®, its successful massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG), will be available in retail stores across Europe on 15th April. This new shipment of boxes follows the sales of more than 620,000 copies in Europe since its launch on 11th February.

"The success of World of Warcraft has proven our belief in Europe as a strong online gaming market", said Mike Morhaime, president of Blizzard Entertainment. "We are delighted to now be in a position to provide more boxes to retail and to welcome more players into the game."

As part of a new initiative, players will find a 10 day Guest Pass in each of these 250,000 boxes, which will allow them to invite a friend to play World of Warcraft with them on a 10 day free trial. At the end of the trial period, the guest will be able to continue playing with his existing character by purchasing a retail copy of the game.

By the sounds of it its a 10 day guest pass for a friend as well as the free 30 days for yourself - does that sound right?
Tue 05/04/05 at 04:43
Regular
"Captain to you."
Decided to post it in here as the topic doesn't really have one steady theme so it shouldn't matter too much.

I was playing on my WoW emu server today and i had some serious deja vu like 2 mins worth, i knew what was coming next like what other players where going to show up near me and who was going to lose their fights and then i remembered/knew that it was going to have an error(main problem of the emu servers) and crash my game so i started running away from the area but i crashed just as i jumpped off a portal stair-way :(

It was frickin strange that there was so much that i knew for those 2 mins.
Mon 04/04/05 at 17:10
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
It seems like a lot in the long run, but when you can easily knock up 40+ hours a month £8 doesnt seem like a whole lot of money.
Mon 04/04/05 at 16:32
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
cipro wrote:
> phi11ip wrote:
> Wait, you've gotta pay £30 for the game, and then more each
> month to play it?
>
> More each month? Ah ha, not quite, only £8 pre month or less if
> you go by the 3-month or 6-month options.

£96 a year? No thanks!

Even buying a year thing won't be that much better, will it? It'll be around £80 right?

Far too much for my liking. But a good game.

:s

I'll just get Half Life 2 and play Counterstrike.
Mon 04/04/05 at 02:15
Regular
"Captain to you."
phi11ip wrote:
> They should give the game away free and then charge you to play
> online, that would be far better. Loads more people would play.

Plus they have enough people already and having problems dealing with them all as it is, there are enough geeks out there to keep them in MC-Hammer style trousers for a very long time.
Mon 04/04/05 at 00:57
Regular
"A man with a stick"
phi11ip wrote:
> Wait, you've gotta pay £30 for the game, and then more each
> month to play it?

More each month? Ah ha, not quite, only £8 pre month or less if you go by the 3-month or 6-month options.
Sun 03/04/05 at 20:43
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
satans little helper wrote:
> Its on Challenge t.v at 8am on weekends. :D

Unfortunately thats when i leave home for work.
Sun 03/04/05 at 20:14
Regular
"Homemade Cherry Pie"
cookie monster wrote:
> monkey_man wrote:
> Spellcast: "B" "A" "L" "L"
> "S"
>
> Ahahahahaha, im peeing myself laughing at this. Bring back Knightmare
> :(

Its on Challenge t.v at 8am on weekends. :D
Sun 03/04/05 at 20:00
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Wait, you've gotta pay £30 for the game, and then more each month to play it?

Sod that.

They should give the game away free and then charge you to play online, that would be far better. Loads more people would play.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.