GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Never Loan Your Games"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 03/04/05 at 14:55
Regular
"hulagadoo"
Never loan your gmes to anyone other than family, a wise tip told to me by my dad. But just as all young fools do, I gave a game to a friend, when it came back after 3 months...it didnt work...I only wish I had listened to my dad, there goes another 30 quid down the swany. Seriously though, never lend games to anyone, even if you really trust them...you'll live to regret it.
Mon 04/04/05 at 23:46
Regular
"8==="
I lent my copy of Gauntlet and left various games round someone's house over christmas time a few years back.

They came back perfect because they were on carts.
Mon 04/04/05 at 23:40
Regular
"360: swfcman"
I use to lend loads of my games out when i was a kid for my Nes, SNes and MD. Pretty sure i have a good load of them that were never returned.

As for PS1/2 games, i always made sure to tell my mates that they had better look after them otherwise i would be wanting replacments. Usually though if i was lending a game, id usually be borrowing one too. So if there was a problem,they basicly wouldnt get thier own game back.
Mon 04/04/05 at 20:13
Regular
"the whites are goin"
I lent Hogg of War to somebody and it came back all scrached, cry cry sob sob oink oink
Mon 04/04/05 at 17:03
Regular
"Monochromatic"
SnoopDogg wrote:
> Flock wrote:
> Only swapped once, he got Fifa 99, i got introduced to FF VII, i'm
> all
> in favour.
>
> Now THAT is a very good swap indeed, are you sure your friend knew
> that you wern't giving back the games?

No but he changed him mind after 6 weeks and i let him have it back once i'd bought my own copy.
Mon 04/04/05 at 16:21
Regular
"member of dogg poun"
Flock wrote:
> Only swapped once, he got Fifa 99, i got introduced to FF VII, i'm all
> in favour.

Now THAT is a very good swap indeed, are you sure your friend knew that you wern't giving back the games?
Sun 03/04/05 at 20:53
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Only swapped once, he got Fifa 99, i got introduced to FF VII, i'm all in favour.
Sun 03/04/05 at 20:44
Regular
"8==="
Just in case you can't father kids yourself?
Sun 03/04/05 at 20:08
Regular
...Or you could ask for a deposit? You know...just in case.
Sun 03/04/05 at 20:02
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Beat him to a pulp.
Seriously. One of my "mates" lent a game off me once, lost it. So I shot the scum several times with my handy air rifle.
Sun 03/04/05 at 20:00
Regular
SnoopDogg wrote:
> My cousin wants to borrow Final Fantasy 7 and 8...I'm having doubts
> after hearing all this.

Oh dear God no. It's gonna cost you at least £15 each to replace 'em if they end up wrecked.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.