GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Never Loan Your Games"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 03/04/05 at 14:55
Regular
"hulagadoo"
Never loan your gmes to anyone other than family, a wise tip told to me by my dad. But just as all young fools do, I gave a game to a friend, when it came back after 3 months...it didnt work...I only wish I had listened to my dad, there goes another 30 quid down the swany. Seriously though, never lend games to anyone, even if you really trust them...you'll live to regret it.
Fri 08/04/05 at 00:45
Regular
"Balls"
I have loaned quite a few of my games to my friends and they have all come back in the same quality. I don't know what kind of mates you guys have but if I lend out my games, my mates treat them like solid gold, it’s a matter of respect.

Your mates must have no respect for you or your belongings, if they ruin your games. Also I know if one of my mates accidentally looses or breaks my game, I know they will replace it even if they have to get it off Ebay at over rated prices, they would get it for me. That even if I say cash will be fine they would get the game as well as offering me the cash. Now that’s having a true friend!
Thu 07/04/05 at 15:34
Regular
"thepoolplayer"
yeah i lent quite a few game out once and never got any off them so i had to replaced them with my own money ! dam ....i lern my lession
Wed 06/04/05 at 18:15
Regular
I never actually got to disc three. I got about 2 hours into the first disc before going back to FF7.

Just got FF7 through the post today from e-bay :-)
Time to replay the most awesome PS1 game ever. Yay!
Wed 06/04/05 at 10:53
Regular
Kawada wrote:
> Gave up on it halfway through disc 3 as i just couldn't take anymore,
> it was boring me to tears

I was the same. It was like playing through an intensely boring dream.
Tue 05/04/05 at 20:42
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
X-2, in my opinion anyway, should never have seen the light of day. Blatant cash in attempt and it was just dire, played the first chapter and never went back to it. Just plain horrible
Tue 05/04/05 at 20:08
Regular
What's X-2 like?

I'm playing through X now and, to be honest, I like it. I think it's a lot better than some people will have you believe.
Tue 05/04/05 at 20:07
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Nope apart from X-2 and 3 that's the only one i haven't completed. Gave up on it halfway through disc 3 as i just couldn't take anymore, it was boring me to tears
Tue 05/04/05 at 20:04
Regular
Kawada wrote:
> Leant FF8 to one of my friends in school and it took her about a year
> to give it back. Can't say i was that bothered about it though
> really. :-D

Did you ever actually complete that? I couldn't live without FF7, but FF8? Nah, never really got into that one.
Mon 04/04/05 at 23:58
Regular
I haven't lived to regret it. I've leant about 5 games back now, granted they've only been to 3 different people, but they came back all right

Normally they have 'em for quite a bit and one of my mates lost the booklet but it's not too hard to get another one.

I've just got one I recently lent out back - fingers crossed it works ...
Mon 04/04/05 at 23:47
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Leant FF8 to one of my friends in school and it took her about a year to give it back. Can't say i was that bothered about it though really. :-D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.