GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Parapsychism"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 17/03/04 at 12:43
Regular
"2 weeks to go..."
Not sure if the above is actually a word, but basically ESP, telikinesis and all the rest - what does everyone think, do you believe or not?

There's a whole load of info on it in New Scientist this week and I find it very hard to believe, but it got me thinking about 2 things, 1) that I was reading recently that there is a theory that through instinct we have evolved the ability to sense when someone is looking at us, which I find hard to believe as that would mean that we do have psychic powers of some sort and 2) that I watched a programme once that said that they have proved (yeah right) that you can actually work muscles by thinking about moving them. Their 'statistics' showed that if people thought about moving their thumb they actually developed muscles, so in effect, you can work out by just thinking about it. It was a programme about your 'qui' (think that's how you spell it) mind over matter (Shaolin Monks, etc.) which I am really interested in cos I think mental strength can help so much with your health, and stress can cause serious illness.

So I am interested in stuff like that and I think there's more there that we have to learn, but the psychic stuff and telekinesis is (for me) too far-fetched.

Also, Forest Fan - what does religion think about this? Well I suppose religion agrees with it cos God's telikinetic and therefore so must Jesus be.

Whad'ya reckon?
Wed 17/03/04 at 12:46
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I had a raelly bad pain in my foot as I was walking along the other day, and it was really, really cold. So I told myself that it was all in the mind, and the pain went away, and I didn't feel the cold anymore. So the mind can block the senses, and you can probably train yourself to block out pain, cold, etc through meditation and become one with yourself.

So yes, ghosts are real.
Wed 17/03/04 at 12:43
Regular
"2 weeks to go..."
Not sure if the above is actually a word, but basically ESP, telikinesis and all the rest - what does everyone think, do you believe or not?

There's a whole load of info on it in New Scientist this week and I find it very hard to believe, but it got me thinking about 2 things, 1) that I was reading recently that there is a theory that through instinct we have evolved the ability to sense when someone is looking at us, which I find hard to believe as that would mean that we do have psychic powers of some sort and 2) that I watched a programme once that said that they have proved (yeah right) that you can actually work muscles by thinking about moving them. Their 'statistics' showed that if people thought about moving their thumb they actually developed muscles, so in effect, you can work out by just thinking about it. It was a programme about your 'qui' (think that's how you spell it) mind over matter (Shaolin Monks, etc.) which I am really interested in cos I think mental strength can help so much with your health, and stress can cause serious illness.

So I am interested in stuff like that and I think there's more there that we have to learn, but the psychic stuff and telekinesis is (for me) too far-fetched.

Also, Forest Fan - what does religion think about this? Well I suppose religion agrees with it cos God's telikinetic and therefore so must Jesus be.

Whad'ya reckon?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.