GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Chuck Palahniuk's 'GUTS'"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 16/03/04 at 20:53
Regular
"Light of the world"
If anyone was unfortunate enough to pick up a Guardian and read what has been announced as 'the most gruesome story ever told' then you would understand why I have posted here.

In a way this story is revolutionary. Never before have i read something of this style in a nationwide paper and never before has it been so vivid.

Its explicit content was so much if i posted the story on here it would get me banned... but if you are a fan of literature or like me an english student.....

Read it.

Paradox read it.

*pukes* anyway - someone try find a link to the full version I have only found links to extracts.

Discuss at your own will....

Ginge x
Tue 16/03/04 at 22:09
Regular
"cachoo"
Hm, is that true? Because it seems like a very honest piece!
Tue 16/03/04 at 22:38
Regular
"She's a dog!"
Paradox: wrote:
> aye, can you or him send it to [email protected] please mate
>
> ~ much appreciated

Cant get it today...sorry.

I should be able to get it by tomorrow.
Tue 16/03/04 at 22:50
Regular
"That's right!"
Nothing shocking or sick there at all. And was it written so poorly on purpose? What's the crack?
Wed 17/03/04 at 03:39
Regular
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> Nothing shocking or sick there at all. And was it written so poorly on
> purpose? What's the crack?

It's where the carrot went...

Sorry :^)
Wed 17/03/04 at 03:46
Regular
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> If you want to be really disgusted by a piece of literature then read
> American Psycho - that's really disturbing. I had to put it
> down a few times it was so bad. Horribly descriptive violence
> towards women, children, men, animals.... brr, gruesome. Bret Easton
> Ellis certainly has a talent, but I'm not sure if that's a good
> thing.

Agreed, nice and horrific - a few particular scenes spring to mind. The film didn't come close to it.
Wed 17/03/04 at 07:41
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
> Mr Snuggly wrote:
> If you want to be really disgusted by a piece of literature then
> read
> American Psycho - that's really disturbing. I had to put it
> down a few times it was so bad. Horribly descriptive violence
> towards women, children, men, animals.... brr, gruesome. Bret
> Easton
> Ellis certainly has a talent, but I'm not sure if that's a good
> thing.

Heh, I found the most disturbing thing about it to be Ellis's writing to be honest. He's appalling. Some of the short stories in Intelligent Discussion are more professional. I'm a bit desensitised to book violence ;)

For something equally repellent, try “Cows – A Novel” by Matthew Stokoe. Made me feel physically sick a couple of times. [URL]http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/1840680059/ref=sr_aps_books_1_2/202-4956341-7747823[/URL]
Wed 17/03/04 at 07:46
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Just read the Guardian extract online. Its pretty tame to be honest. "still shiny with lube and stinky" Hehehehehehhee.

Still. I'm quite looking forward to the collection of short stories.
Wed 17/03/04 at 09:25
Regular
book violence is far worse than anything onscreen. your imagination has far more ways to terrify you than a television tube and a couple of speakers.
Wed 17/03/04 at 15:44
Regular
"Laughingstock"
I'm not really into reading gruesome writing. I prefer books that are bizzarre, peculiar - like Finnegan's Wake:

Hootch is for husbandman handling his hoe. Hohohoho, Mister Finn, you're going to be Mister Finnagain! Comeday morm and, O, you're vine! Sendday's eve and ah, you're vinegar! Hahahaha, Mister Funn, you're going to be fined again!
Wed 17/03/04 at 17:48
Regular
I have a hallucinating extremely visual imagination, that when I lose control of is the most disgustingly foul thing I can imagine and for that reason I dare to dig into it for fear of once again losing control.

[URL] http://www.freewebs.com/reverendbeastly/guts.htm [/URL] - FULL VERSION

Read the last part of the story too.

But, in a very sick and twisted way, I love reading this stuff, even though it sends me into hyperventilation and discomfort. :D It's amazing stuff.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.