GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Digital Video software"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 16/03/04 at 18:37
"Darkness, always"
Recently purchased a Panasonic NVGS70B miniDV camcorder. Panasonic, being the ****s they are, decided in their infinite wisdom that I should pay for any digital video software separately, and included no software at all bar some crap that allows me to capture still from the video stored on my DV tapes. Great.

I'm sure I'm not the only person here with a digital camcorder, so what software do you guys use, what does it do and how much did it cost?

Oh, and is it compatible with winXP?
Wed 17/03/04 at 18:33
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Now I understand.

gerrid is stupid
Wed 17/03/04 at 18:32
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Maybe you think Adobe Premiere is some sort of picture editing suite.
It's a professional video editing programme.
Wed 17/03/04 at 18:32
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
He said the only included software was for taking stills from the camera, and that he wanted a piece of software that would do video.
Wed 17/03/04 at 18:27
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I assumed that as you had bought a digital camcorder, you would want to use it to make videos. If all you wanted to do was take still photos then why do you even need a special programme?
Tue 16/03/04 at 19:43
Regular
Infact, what is it youre looking for?

You should have Windows Movie Maker on XP somewhere. You can make some nice clips with that.
Tue 16/03/04 at 19:41
Regular
"Meh"
Pinnacle Studio Liquid Edition for free, on some coverdisc somewhere.
Tue 16/03/04 at 19:39
Regular
Get the Adobe video suite. Only a grand, probably.

Hur.
Tue 16/03/04 at 19:19
"Darkness, always"
Why would I shell out almost £700 to take still photos? Am I a photographer? Do I want my art printed in galleries?
Tue 16/03/04 at 18:50
Regular
"Meh"
Hmm, I bought the 3.1 version and it was listed as XP. To be honest, all of them probably are, and it really isn't worth it spending £200 when you only need part of it. If you only want to take stills, just buy the cheapest version and handle everything else with an external editor.
Tue 16/03/04 at 18:48
Regular
"bit of a brain"
yes. Yes it does.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.