GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"'Trade' Secrets"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 07/04/01 at 10:36
Regular
When you've played that new game to death and don't really want to pick it up again, do you just leave it on the shelf to gather dust, never to be entered into the hallow grooves of your CD drive again? Do you have a mounting pile of games that are never played?

Trading games, rather than leaving them unplayed, is gathering support from many gamers these days. Most independant retailers are happy to receive your old games in exchange for money off of new ones, it keeps the games 'alive' and means that someone else with a limited budget can pick up your old game second hand.

It also means that you can trade between platforms, so if you sell your Playstation and have a few games left over, then you can always trade them towards games for your new console. Some places even trade Consoles, meaning that your new Gameboy Advance isn't so far away from your bank balance as it once was.

Trading games is the way forward for games shops, even larger stores are part exchanging games now, albeit at stupid prices in some, and it prevents build up of all those unwanted boxes of games lying dormant in a cupboard somewhere until they get so high that they nearly kill you when you next open the cupboard door.
Sat 07/04/01 at 10:36
"possibly impossible"
When you've played that new game to death and don't really want to pick it up again, do you just leave it on the shelf to gather dust, never to be entered into the hallow grooves of your CD drive again? Do you have a mounting pile of games that are never played?

Trading games, rather than leaving them unplayed, is gathering support from many gamers these days. Most independant retailers are happy to receive your old games in exchange for money off of new ones, it keeps the games 'alive' and means that someone else with a limited budget can pick up your old game second hand.

It also means that you can trade between platforms, so if you sell your Playstation and have a few games left over, then you can always trade them towards games for your new console. Some places even trade Consoles, meaning that your new Gameboy Advance isn't so far away from your bank balance as it once was.

Trading games is the way forward for games shops, even larger stores are part exchanging games now, albeit at stupid prices in some, and it prevents build up of all those unwanted boxes of games lying dormant in a cupboard somewhere until they get so high that they nearly kill you when you next open the cupboard door.
Sat 07/04/01 at 10:39
Good point, but i like to buy games new. I don't know why but i like to know i'm the first person to own that game. ( i do have 4 second hand games, and 12 new ones).
Sat 07/04/01 at 10:39
electronics b are letting you trade in a psx, dc or n64 to get £50 or more off the ps2.
Sat 07/04/01 at 10:41
Give them 10 games and get the PS2 for free! (or doesn't it work like that? :) )
Sat 07/04/01 at 10:43
that could work, but i dont like parting wit old consoles.
Sat 07/04/01 at 10:45
"possibly impossible"
No, but it's great for games you've already finished and don't particularly want to play again.
Sat 07/04/01 at 10:46
I don't but i always have. I had all th segas (well not saturn or dreamcast or game gear, well, thats far off!) I've had all the nintendo's apart from gameboy color (i know) and all i'm left with is the N64 and a NES! I should have kept them! Was going for a PSX but didn't in the end, it went before i brought it. (Second hand)
Sat 07/04/01 at 13:57
Regular
Mr. Dark wrote:
I've had all the
> nintendo's apart from gameboy color (i know) and all i'm left with
> is the N64 and a NES!

Did you ever get the Virtualboy? :)
Sat 07/04/01 at 14:05
Regular
"TheCoolNerd on Live"
How much could you get a Game Boy Advance for if you traded in your Game Boy Colour with no games? I'd keep the games 'cos they work on the GBA.
Sat 07/04/01 at 14:15
Regular
"You've upset me"
lol mark!!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.