GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"tiger woods 06"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2006'.
Thu 09/11/06 at 22:01
Regular
anyone here played tiger woods 06 cos i think its a class game also i think x box 360's r class u can just do so many things on them and talk to people while ur killin em with the headset i think army games like call of duty n that r class for it if u have live cos u can play against and talk to people from all over the world
Fri 22/12/06 at 21:00
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> It's much harder, no stupid game breaker nonsense and I'm still
> yet to get a round in under par. BIG change from the 20 under
> par rounds of previous years.

I'll definitely be getting it then.
Fri 22/12/06 at 09:26
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Golf and snooker games seem to be really hard to imitate the reality of real life.

Tiger 05 is far too easy, 07 far too hard and to try and get it inbetween seems to evade programmers.

I play on Snooker 2004 on PS2 and the ones ranked out of the top 8 are easy to beat and miss stupidly easy pots where as the ones in the top 8 or so clear up every frame with one visit, there's no inbetween.
Thu 21/12/06 at 20:01
Regular
It's much harder, no stupid game breaker nonsense and I'm still yet to get a round in under par. BIG change from the 20 under par rounds of previous years.
Thu 21/12/06 at 09:59
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Sibelius wrote:

> Are you getting these ridiculously low scores on '07? - I hope
> not. That's jst too easy/

2005 for me, I might get 07 for a bit more of a challenge.

Problem is if it's too hard I'll probably throw a strop and stop playing it!
Wed 20/12/06 at 16:27
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Grandprix wrote:
> Doesn't 06 have the Gamebreaker?

It does. In the hole from anywhere on the fairway, or a bionic tee shot.

I've steered away from '07 because I'm a little tired of the easiness. I want the tournements to be a bit more realistic - score-wise. Not birdie birdie eagle birdie eagle chip-in every iron to within two feet. There's no challenge. Gets repetitive.

But now I hear that 07 is harder ... according to Tiltawhirl.
Wed 20/12/06 at 16:19
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Nah, I haven't bought a Tiger Woods game since 04. Doesn't 06 have the Gamebreaker? I'm sure that pretty much guarantees a hole in one, eagle, double eagle etc on a shot, so I reckon a low round would be possible.
Wed 20/12/06 at 16:15
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Are you getting these ridiculously low scores on '07? - I hope not. That's jst too easy/
Wed 20/12/06 at 16:14
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I once had a round of 46 at St Andrews and a round of 49 at Scottsdale. I think I got 9 eagles on the St Andrews round. That Scottsdale round was during a 4 round tournament. I went 3 and a bit rounds without a par, all birdies and eagles.
Wed 20/12/06 at 15:41
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Tiltawhirl wrote:

> No more rounds of 52 in this game, I'm yet to do a round even > close to under par.

:D

My record is 50.
Wed 20/12/06 at 12:58
Regular
"Laughingstock"
EA have finally raised the difficulty level have they. About time.
I love the games but so far (up to '06) it's been way too easy - apart from maybe the fantasy courses and odd matchplay game.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.