GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My thoughts on Wrestlemania - Spolier Obviously"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 15/03/04 at 13:31
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Well, I just finished watching Wrestlemania. Here are some quick thoughts on it. I usually go into a lot of detail but I'm not this time. :)

Cena winning the US title was the right result. Hopefully, people will start to care about that title again. Cena's first Wrestlemania moment.

Both tag titles matches were totally throw aways. They'd be better off just sticking all the tag teams in a ring and see which ones come out the winners. Both teams retained.

I thought Jericho V Christian was good. I must say that a heel Trish is hot! :) I don't know whether continuing the storyline is a good thing though because Jericho has looked weak for months now.

It was obvious that Evolution was going to win but the Rock + Ric Flair = comedy gold.

The evening gown match shouldn't have really been a match. They should of just paraded around the ring for a bit. :)

The Cruiserweight Open was so rushed, it was hard to care. Chavo retained but the best bit was Kidman doing the shooting star press off the ring apron.

The crowd turned totally on Goldberg and Brock and that was hilarious. Austin was always going to come out on top as he was the only one that was going to be about the next day.

Molly lost and actually got shaved. I never expected that to happen. I wonder how much she got paid to do that. I wonder if she'll do a Kurt Angle wig job.

Eddie V Angle was good and the end was great. Eddie as champ works for me.

The Undertaker won, obviously, but I felt let down and a little cheated. Everything up to when Taker actually appeared was great but when he arrived, he looked like a bounty hunter. All he needed was a shotgun and the criminals in the audience would be running scared. It just wasn't the old Taker. It was a kind of hybrid of the Deadman and the Biker. Takers old music rules though.

The main event was one of the best matches I've seen in a while. Benoit did a great job and I must give credit to Triple H, he actually tapped! The end with Eddie and Benoit in the ring was a great moment for me.

Well, it certainly is a golden age for the Heavyweight champs. The undercard needs a bit of work though. I'd say it was a just above average PPV and definitely not the best Wrestlemania ever. It's worth one viewing at least.
Tue 16/03/04 at 20:43
Regular
"[UA] HAHA poo pants"
Anonymous wrote:
> I laughed when bearer came out and shouted 'OHHHHHHHHH YEAAAAAAAAAAH'

I was just reading somethign and my little brother is watching it upstairs..... and it came on and I just pi$$ed myself again.
Tue 16/03/04 at 20:40
Regular
"[UA] HAHA poo pants"
Jae wrote:

> Jericho/Christian put on a top match as we all knew they would.
> Although, I was really surprised at the ending. That Christian will
> be taken downtown to China town on RAW. :D

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF (space) -8&oe=UTF-8&q=asain (not spoiler for Raw) that kind of china town?
Tue 16/03/04 at 20:34
Regular
"Far Beyond Metal"
Woah... Wrestlemania was one of the best PPV's I've seen in a long time... There were some great matches. Anyway, a few comments...

Big Show has FINALLY lost the US title. Great start to the PPV. And it was in an OK match as well... :)

Takers return was quite good. I was surprised at Paul Bearer being there! I never thought we'd see him again! The entrance was fantastic. :D The match wasn't a bad one either. :P

Jericho/Christian put on a top match as we all knew they would. Although, I was really surprised at the ending. That Christian will be taken downtown to China town on RAW. :D

The Eddie/Angle match was another that stood out. They definately didn't disappoint. I was expecting an Angle win here as well. To me, it was a bonus for Eddie to get the victory and retain the championship. The longer he has the title, the better.

As if the two matches above weren't good enough, Wrestlemania XX's highlight, in my view, was still to come. HBK/Benoit/HHH all put on a great match. I expected HBK and Benoit to pull the match along and for us to see a Triple H win. Wrong. Benoit wins, in what was probably the most entertaining match of the evening.
Tue 16/03/04 at 20:03
Regular
"Plate of glue"
Yes, it was quite funny.
Tue 16/03/04 at 19:28
Regular
"[UA] HAHA poo pants"
I laughed when bearer came out and shouted 'OHHHHHHHHH YEAAAAAAAAAAH'
Tue 16/03/04 at 14:47
Regular
paul bearer was looking alot better than he was the last time i saw him. He was topping the 450lb mark last time, so he has lost some of that.
Tue 16/03/04 at 14:23
Regular
Hhhhmmm, finished watching Wrestlemania last night. I thought it was a pretty good wrestlemania, only match that I didn't like was the Lesnar vs Goldberg match. They spend about 5 minutes circling each other and then another 5 minutes having a pushing match and by the time this was over the crowd didn't care. They did seem up for that match but the long start cut them off, as Ant said, I think they were a little harsh on Lesnar and there was no need to sing that goodbye song.

Women's matches weren't too bad :P Can't believe Molly agreed to shave herself and I'm really liking Victoria now :D Playboy match was what you'd expect it to be - no wrestling, just posing.

Trish as a hell? When she came out during their match I could see it coming but she does look hot, devilishy hot ;) As for the match itself, it was good stuff but I think Jericho should be going for the title!

Tag matches were OK...wasn't really bothered about them.

Undertaker returned! YeY! He didn't look like the original deadman and his hair was way too short, what happened? I mean DW put up some pics of him about 1 month ago and his hair was about that long, so why didn't it grow some more? That idea about how he was buried in the biker's clothes so he came out with them, I guess that's an explanation that makes sense, hopefully he'll change next time. Paul Bearer! What a freak! His face is hideous! He made me laugh though which was good :)

Eddie vs Angle was a really good match. We all knew they were going to deliver but I would of rather seen Angle win it :) But apart from Angle I think Eddie is the next best champ.

The triple threat match was my favourite match of the night by far. I think all the wrestlers were giving it their all and from the double suplex through the table to the super fast, hard hitting sweet chin music HBK did on Benoit while he had HHH in that sharp shooter, the whole match was top stuff. Triple H dropped the belt by tapping out himself, so shame to all you HHH haters that keep going on about how he refuses to drop the title or get beat by anyone but HBK *sticks tongue out* That's 2 for 2 :D

Overall I really enjoyed this Wrestlemania, perhaps not the best one in the past 20 years but it's still worth watching again, nice one WWE :)
Tue 16/03/04 at 13:16
Regular
Hi Dringo.
The Rock and Sock, lost the match in the end, but it was a good match with some good comedy spots from the Rock as always. I think the ending was the only possible one they could have had. Evolution needed the win to keep their gimmick legit, and both the Rock and Foley are too professional to stand in the way of that and loosing doesnt make either of them look bad
Tue 16/03/04 at 00:09
"High polygon count"
Second one I've ever watched, and I thought it was BORING.

Apart from the Evening Gown match. That was sssoooooo not boring.
Mon 15/03/04 at 23:55
Regular
in my opinion the problem with the undertaker return is macmahon trying to please everyone taker biker fans and phenom fans which is why he looked like a hybrid i hopes he turns heel and feuds with either cena or eddie

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.