GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My thoughts on Wrestlemania - Spolier Obviously"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 15/03/04 at 13:31
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Well, I just finished watching Wrestlemania. Here are some quick thoughts on it. I usually go into a lot of detail but I'm not this time. :)

Cena winning the US title was the right result. Hopefully, people will start to care about that title again. Cena's first Wrestlemania moment.

Both tag titles matches were totally throw aways. They'd be better off just sticking all the tag teams in a ring and see which ones come out the winners. Both teams retained.

I thought Jericho V Christian was good. I must say that a heel Trish is hot! :) I don't know whether continuing the storyline is a good thing though because Jericho has looked weak for months now.

It was obvious that Evolution was going to win but the Rock + Ric Flair = comedy gold.

The evening gown match shouldn't have really been a match. They should of just paraded around the ring for a bit. :)

The Cruiserweight Open was so rushed, it was hard to care. Chavo retained but the best bit was Kidman doing the shooting star press off the ring apron.

The crowd turned totally on Goldberg and Brock and that was hilarious. Austin was always going to come out on top as he was the only one that was going to be about the next day.

Molly lost and actually got shaved. I never expected that to happen. I wonder how much she got paid to do that. I wonder if she'll do a Kurt Angle wig job.

Eddie V Angle was good and the end was great. Eddie as champ works for me.

The Undertaker won, obviously, but I felt let down and a little cheated. Everything up to when Taker actually appeared was great but when he arrived, he looked like a bounty hunter. All he needed was a shotgun and the criminals in the audience would be running scared. It just wasn't the old Taker. It was a kind of hybrid of the Deadman and the Biker. Takers old music rules though.

The main event was one of the best matches I've seen in a while. Benoit did a great job and I must give credit to Triple H, he actually tapped! The end with Eddie and Benoit in the ring was a great moment for me.

Well, it certainly is a golden age for the Heavyweight champs. The undercard needs a bit of work though. I'd say it was a just above average PPV and definitely not the best Wrestlemania ever. It's worth one viewing at least.
Mon 15/03/04 at 13:31
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Well, I just finished watching Wrestlemania. Here are some quick thoughts on it. I usually go into a lot of detail but I'm not this time. :)

Cena winning the US title was the right result. Hopefully, people will start to care about that title again. Cena's first Wrestlemania moment.

Both tag titles matches were totally throw aways. They'd be better off just sticking all the tag teams in a ring and see which ones come out the winners. Both teams retained.

I thought Jericho V Christian was good. I must say that a heel Trish is hot! :) I don't know whether continuing the storyline is a good thing though because Jericho has looked weak for months now.

It was obvious that Evolution was going to win but the Rock + Ric Flair = comedy gold.

The evening gown match shouldn't have really been a match. They should of just paraded around the ring for a bit. :)

The Cruiserweight Open was so rushed, it was hard to care. Chavo retained but the best bit was Kidman doing the shooting star press off the ring apron.

The crowd turned totally on Goldberg and Brock and that was hilarious. Austin was always going to come out on top as he was the only one that was going to be about the next day.

Molly lost and actually got shaved. I never expected that to happen. I wonder how much she got paid to do that. I wonder if she'll do a Kurt Angle wig job.

Eddie V Angle was good and the end was great. Eddie as champ works for me.

The Undertaker won, obviously, but I felt let down and a little cheated. Everything up to when Taker actually appeared was great but when he arrived, he looked like a bounty hunter. All he needed was a shotgun and the criminals in the audience would be running scared. It just wasn't the old Taker. It was a kind of hybrid of the Deadman and the Biker. Takers old music rules though.

The main event was one of the best matches I've seen in a while. Benoit did a great job and I must give credit to Triple H, he actually tapped! The end with Eddie and Benoit in the ring was a great moment for me.

Well, it certainly is a golden age for the Heavyweight champs. The undercard needs a bit of work though. I'd say it was a just above average PPV and definitely not the best Wrestlemania ever. It's worth one viewing at least.
Mon 15/03/04 at 13:58
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
John Cena defeated the Big Show to win the United States Championship
Although Big Show took the quality of this match down, at least the end result was positive. This is a good step for Cena, and I'll now follow this title more closely, provided the WWE give Cena worthy opponents that are worth watching.

Booker T & RVD defeated the Dudley Boyz, La Resistance and Mark Jindrak & Garrison Cade to retain the World Tag Team Championship
Booker and RVD have been working well recently, and I think they deserved to win this match. They're an entertaining team, and although all of the other teams have good technical ability, Booker and RVD were my favourites for this match.

Christian defeated Chris Jericho
Just the result Christian needed for his push to continue, but was it what Jericho really wants? Good of him to put over Christian, and hopefully it isn't harmful to him in the long run, as I'm liking Chris Jericho right now. However, as I mentioned before, this is very good for Christian: a strong victory at WrestleMania.

Evolution defeated the Rock ‘n’ Sock Connection
Excellent to see The Rock 'n' Sock Connection back in action: however, not so good seeing them lose. Although I believe Randy Orton has talent and in a few years he could be the main WWE draw. Well, maybe. The Rock is still the best. :-D

Torrie Wilson & Sable defeated Stacy Keibler & Miss Jackie
Well, most of you know what I think about the ladies' wrestling. And if you don't, it can be summed up in one word: crap. No need to go any further into this matter.

Chavo Guerrero won the Cruiserweight Open to retain the Cruiserweight Championship
Chavo is excellent, in my opinion, and hopefully he can continue to get this kind of victory, as he's a great wrestler to watch. The Cruiserweight Division needs someone like this at the head just now.

Goldberg defeated Brock Lesnar
I bet Brock wasn't happy about having to put over Goldberg. But then, Goldberg wouldn't be too willing to put of Lesnar either, and as the WWE know Lesnar is leaving, I think they had to give Goldberg the victory, just maybe to keep him happy. Heh.

Scotty 2 Hotty & Rikishi defeated the Basham Brothers, APA, and the Self-Proclaimed World’s Greatest Tag Team to retain the WWE Tag Team Championship
Just what WrestleMania always requires: a good old-fashioned multi-team Tag Team Battle Royal. APA making their traditional appearence, and Haas & Benjamin being as impressive as ever. But it's good to see a victory for Too Cool. :-D

Victoria defeated Molly Holly to retain the Women’s Championship
Heh. Pish.

Eddie Guerrero defeated Kurt Angle to retain the WWE Championship
What. A. Match. Guerrero and Angle are 2/3 of the reason I still watch wrestling. Both of them were excellent, and although maybe I would have preferred Angle to get the victory, at least Guerrero is a good and capable champion. Top stuff.

Undertaker defeated Kane
Some good brotherly rivalry, which is another custom feature of WrestleMania. A surprisingly entertaining affair, although Undertaker will no doubt literally be heading for the grave soon. A little past it? Just a bit. Still performed to expectations here, however, as he has to on the biggest stage of them all.

Chris Benoit defeated Triple H and Shawn Michaels to win the World Heavyweight Championship
I bet I'm not the only one surprised at the outcome here. Triple H putting someone over??? Crrrrrraaaazy. Top match, though. However, I was really quite knackered by this point. :-D
Mon 15/03/04 at 15:58
Regular
On the subject of the undertaker. As i have told a few people. Give it time to evolve, the whole point of last night was his return from the grave, thus what he was wearing when he was buried alive should be what he wore on his return. Now hopefully the WWE will run with that and give his look a little tweaking over the comming weeks. Also remember the plain old gimmick of his just wouldnt work in this age of wrestling. It would be cool for a few weeks but the general fan would get bored of it, as a fan of his since his debut i can say i like this direction, and while the entrance could have been done alot better, it was certainly the greatest part of the night.

On Lesnar Goldberg, the blame goes to Lesnar there, he didnt even look like he gave a damn, it was obvious from the start all he cared about was getting it over and done with and finding his career in the NFL wont happen. Goldberg is a bad wrestler so with lesnar not helping it showed, and NY and MSG in particular is not a place you want to mess around, you saw when the entire crowd turned on that match, and Lesnar specifically, Shawn Michaels found that out at one of the survivor series when he faced off against Sid.

Main Event was exactly how it should have been and it was nice to see the eddie benoit reunion at the end. no further comments needed this match spoke for itself

Jericho Christian, Trish is definatly hot as a heel, but i feel this is going to cause this fued to drag on when it shouldnt, Y2J should now be heading to face Benoit for the title but will be stuck in the upper midcard for a few months by which time TripleH will be champ again

Both Tag matches were a waste of time and to short, and both endings were just to sudden.

Cena going over show is a good idea. But with show leaving it was obvious.

Respect to Molly for going through with the chop

the playboy match, why was sable even there?? she did nothing, and well i am bored of torrie wilson, Stacy is much hotter and watching her stand in the ring would have been more enjoyable.

cruiserweight, what was the point.

urgh thats all i can be bothered to add. All in All a great show, not exactly the greatest mania in history but it was in the top 5
Mon 15/03/04 at 17:44
Regular
"I like cheese"
More detailed thoughts from me later when I've watched it again, I was with friends so I sort of skimmed over most of it.

I felt sorry for Brock although I think it's his own fault - he wouldn't have recieved that reception if it wasn't for announcing that he was leaving. I suppose he HAD to announce it, but he dug his own grave. They were very harsh on him though, I really wanted to slap some fans because he deserved some respect for what he's done the last couple of years. So I was happy when he gave them all the middle finger. {:)

But what a way to leave...he loses a crap match to a crap wrestler, gets jeered and booed out of the building and then stunned.

Pffft.

As fas as I can tell WrestleMania was disappointing. Usually I'm lenient on the WWE, but for all the hype, it didn't live up to expectations...Jericho/Christian was excellent, and the ending was great too, a real shock to me.

And for once the main event was the best of the night. HBK and Benoit were great as always, and I also thought HHH looked in top shape, especially in those fantastic white boots. :D
Mon 15/03/04 at 17:47
Regular
"I like cheese"
Oh, two more points - Undertaker still looked like the Biker Taker, and the crowd were CRAP.

Shame on Madison Square Garden, I know they get to see a lot of wrestling but at least cheer during the entrances - I mean Triple H got a louder reaction that HBK, even if they were mostly booing.

I think they should've held it somewhere different, the WrestleMania crowd in Toronto a couple of years back were great...
Mon 15/03/04 at 18:02
Regular
like i said, i believe and hope the WWE are going along the lines, that because taker was buried in the biker outfit, that he would return in it, then over the weeks it will evolve into his new outfit.
As for the crowd. New York is a very tough crowd and will turn on a person like that. Lesnar Goldberg was flat out awful, any crowd would have turned on that match. It looks like the WWE are moving away from the 60,000+ crowds.
Mon 15/03/04 at 20:16
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
y2cragie wrote:
>It looks like the WWE are moving away from
> the 60,000+ crowds.

The WWE can barely fill 20,000 seater stadiums i doubt they'd be able to fill a 60,000 one. The only event that would be able to do that now is Wrestlemania
Mon 15/03/04 at 20:50
Regular
thats what i meant, but i think they realise even that would proove to be a stretch
Mon 15/03/04 at 20:53
Regular
"Plate of glue"
Personally, I expected MUCH more from Wrestlemania XX. MUCH more.
Ultimo Dragon kept stacking it. The stage was to small. Wrestleres, in my view didn't give it all.
The Undertaker was brilliant but there is something not quite right about how I imagined it.
Jericho vs Christian was ok but a rather crappy ending.
Funny with Brock Lesnar and the fans songs.
Hogan was obviously in the crowd. Rubbish fans.
Brilliant main event.

Out.
Mon 15/03/04 at 23:39
Regular
So tell me... what exactly happened during the Rock and Sock match...

Mick and Rock are my favourite wrestlers simply due to Foley's ability to keep getting up and Rock's ability to make me laugh.

Not a big WWE fan but I wanna know how well Rock and Mick came off in that match.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.