GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"online gaming!!!!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 05/04/05 at 01:05
Regular
i want to put my ps2 online but i was wondering, each time you want to play online or something do you have to put the start up disc in first before the game? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
Tue 05/04/05 at 01:19
Regular
"Monochromatic"
knuckles wrote:
> where do you think i could get a really long cable from? because my
> ps2 is in upstairs but the broadband thingy is downstairs?

I'd like to know that as well, i'm going to need one once my sisters pc is sorted out. I seem to remember reading though that theyre not much good if more than three metres long.
Mine is running through a phone exstension that i installed, seems to work well, would probably work better if i was nearer the line but it's ok.
If you mean the PS2 is upstairs and the pc downstairs you've got a problem, only thing i can suggest is a wireless eternet router.
Tue 05/04/05 at 01:15
Regular
where do you think i could get a really long cable from? because my ps2 is in upstairs but the broadband thingy is downstairs?
Tue 05/04/05 at 01:13
Regular
"Monochromatic"
knuckles wrote:
> cool i will buy one tomorrow then!, well actually today.

I only set mine up on Friday, i've had the adaptor for at least 18 months though.
Tue 05/04/05 at 01:12
Regular
cool i will buy one tomorrow then!, well actually today.
Tue 05/04/05 at 01:11
Regular
"Monochromatic"
knuckles wrote:
> thanks, one more thing. is it true that all you have to do is plug
> your network adapter in your ps2 and then connect it to your
> broadband modem with an ethernet cable then your ready?

First thing you have to do is plug it in then set up the connection using the startup disk and that'll take some time unless you have a USB keyboard. Once it's set up you dont need to do it again and can just put the disks in and play.
Tue 05/04/05 at 01:08
Regular
thanks, one more thing. is it true that all you have to do is plug your network adapter in your ps2 and then connect it to your broadband modem with an ethernet cable then your ready?
Regular
"Monochromatic"
No
Regular
i want to put my ps2 online but i was wondering, each time you want to play online or something do you have to put the start up disc in first before the game? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.