GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"online gaming!!!!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 05/04/05 at 01:05
Regular
i want to put my ps2 online but i was wondering, each time you want to play online or something do you have to put the start up disc in first before the game? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
Fri 08/04/05 at 11:14
Regular
knuckles wrote:
> well i've just found an ethernet cable on this site which is 15 meters
> long. if i connected that to my broadband modem would that work?

There are two types of network cable - Straight and Crossover - don't get the wrong one or it won't work.
Fri 08/04/05 at 10:50
Regular
"thepoolplayer"
i want to put my ps2 online now but everywere sold out of Official Sony Network Adapter
Tue 05/04/05 at 11:33
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
knuckles wrote:
> well i've just found an ethernet cable on this site which is 15 meters
> long. if i connected that to my broadband modem would that work?

Should do. I've got my ethernet cable going through a hole in the roof to my room, no problems at all. If you wanted you could also get a wireless adapter for your PS2 but they are quite expensive, cheaper option could be to get a wireless reciever and plug your ethernet cable into your PS2 and the wireless reciver.

There is a way to connect your PS2 through a PC or laptop using Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) but I've never tried it and have heard a few folk having problems setting it up.
Look
http://eu.playstation.com/networkgaming/ REMOVE SPACE browseType.jhtml?type=GUIDES
Under the connection types heading.
Tue 05/04/05 at 01:43
Regular
well i've just found an ethernet cable on this site which is 15 meters long. if i connected that to my broadband modem would that work?
Tue 05/04/05 at 01:41
Regular
"Monochromatic"
knuckles wrote:
> all that is on my laptop is a card which receives the signal. does
> that make it a problem?

It might be if the signal can't be sent out through the laptop, i wouldn't know how to set that up, i'm sure there are people on this forum who know a lot more than i do and will be of more use.
Tue 05/04/05 at 01:37
Regular
all that is on my laptop is a card which receives the signal. does that make it a problem?
Tue 05/04/05 at 01:35
Regular
"Monochromatic"
knuckles wrote:
> so basically i can just plug my ps2 in to my laptop

No i dont think so, where the wireless reciever is you'll need to be able to send one signal to the PS2 and one to the laptop unless you've got a router built in to the laptop. Once you've set it up the laptop doesn't need to be on for the PS2 connection to be live.
Tue 05/04/05 at 01:32
Regular
so basically i can just plug my ps2 in to my laptop
Tue 05/04/05 at 01:28
Regular
"Monochromatic"
knuckles wrote:
> well how its up is downstairs is the ntl telebox thing with the modem
> on top, next to it is a wireless thing that sends the broadband to my
> laptop so i use the internet anywhere in the house. could i just
> connect the ps2 to the laptop while connected to the internet?

Yeah if you've got a wireless router, you'll need to have the ethernet out of the recieving connected to the PS2 but you'll to have the two connected at the same time to set it up first time.
I'm with BT, it goes to my room through my exstension then the signal is split between the PC(USB) and the PS2(ethernet) using the router, you'll need to be able to split the signal betwen the two machines
Tue 05/04/05 at 01:23
Regular
well how its up is downstairs is the ntl telebox thing with the modem on top, next to it is a wireless thing that sends the broadband to my laptop so i use the internet anywhere in the house. could i just connect the ps2 to the laptop while connected to the internet?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.