GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Consoles - Is the End Nigh?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 06/04/01 at 18:39
Regular
I had a master system. Bought the games. Got bored of the games Game Gear looked better, bought a game gear. Then after lots of saving I got myself a Mega Drive. Game Gear and Master System gathered dust. Played my Mega Drive for a while. Then stopped. Then let it gather dust. Then out came the Playstation - didn't get it instead got an N64 just for Goldeneye. Then finally decided to get a Playstation. Now both are gathering dust upstairs with me saying goodbye to Mr. N64 after I got stuck on Perfect Dark, and the Playstation? Stopped playing it because of Sony's terrible distribution policies of Playstation 2's. If they are not going to make it easy for me to simply go into a shop and come out with a PS2 - screw you Sony :-P. Now I have turned my attention to the PC.. Why? Because Consoles are dying. Consoles are becoming increasingly better and better and with the quality more expensive. 300 quid isn't it for a PS2? (something like that), yet for a few quid more I can get myself a nice PC.

Consoles are just becoming more powerful because of competition. The competition is going to kill consoles off trust me. I can see it now. What’s happening.. its all going hazy

Microsoft have released their X Box! Microsoft kill sales of PS2. Nintendo release Gamecube! Within months PS2 announce a 3rd Playstation inventively titled "PStation 3". Nintendo's sales are nowhere near X Box. X Box announce plans for a new console “The Super Bill-Gates” Pstation 3 released at £400, Nintendo release plans for a new console code name “Grey Squirrel” Super Bill Gates released at £500. Grey Squirrel released at £550. Grey Squirrel sales pathetic, people turn to PC’s. Consoles die.

Is it just me who thinks this is where we are going? There came a time where consoles were for people to play games on and have fun at a small cost. Now it’s an expensive luxury for people to be cool and have the ‘right’ console – the one that sells the most.
Sat 07/04/01 at 01:25
Regular
listen aight, it is only cheatin when the ref sees it. he didnt see it so it wasnt sheating. anyway u cant say that his second goal in that match wasnt class, he took on everyone! i got that goal as a vid on my PC. its my pride and joy.
Sat 07/04/01 at 01:22
Now that was unfair, he was a cheating **** and don't say his name on here.
Sat 07/04/01 at 01:19
Regular
yeah and then u would have got sent off! anyway MR.Dark if that is your real name, i'm going sleep. and end of the day Maradona scored the best damn goal ever past England.
Sat 07/04/01 at 01:16
Oh come on, none Argent players were dirty! Anyway, he is an exelent player (not beause he put GERMANY out of the Euro championships). I hate Simione he dived and the reff knew it! ( he later admitted, ALSO Bat was standing behind the reff nodding, if ge were right infront of me then i would have smacked him one!)
Sat 07/04/01 at 01:11
Regular
ahh the sol cambell goal. if i remember correctly Mr. Shearer cracked the keeper with his elbow. shearer was a dirty player. hated that fool!
Sat 07/04/01 at 01:03
England would have beat Argentina but we had our goal dissalowed. (sol campble). And your players are all divers!!!!! AND CHEATS. (Mr. Dark getget controll of your self!)
Sat 07/04/01 at 00:59
Regular
ahh, shades of that screamer of a goal at wembley? or maybe the game in France in 98? or does it take you right back to 1986.
Sat 07/04/01 at 00:53
I don't like your name because it reminds me of certain things. But the future is bright. And i wonder were it will go...
Sat 07/04/01 at 00:50
Regular
yeah but PC's wont last forever. technology gets smaller and smaller as time passes. i dunno when but within the next 20 years the PC will be dead. laptops will takeover from them completly, or some next thing will come along or somthin. the future is bright and exciting. i cant wait!

Sat 07/04/01 at 00:06
But PC's are not designed with games in mind. Of course you can fork out on a voodoo card or whatever, but consoles are make for gaming. And you don't realy need a top of the range one. There is just a selection of consoles to chosse from. The PC is alway being out beaten and to play PS2 games on it you will need a very powerfull PC. (which most of us couldn't afford or don't have). Consoles wont die untill PC's are brought down to the price on the GC. (About £150 for a top class one). Which wont happen for a long time.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.