GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"So, could it be that we *are* in the End of Days?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 12/03/04 at 11:17
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
There's no denying that the world is going to pot. Wars, diseases, famines, genocides - all this is happening on a daily basis, and nothing ever seems to get resolved. It mostly occurs through diplomatic and political incompetence, a basic failure on society that the poor and weak get swept under the carpet. We are lucky in this country that our diplomatic ties lies in roughly the right direction - America. For all our complaining about the way the American government conducts itself, we still need the links with them to keep our own sort-of-peace and happiness. Just look at Iraq, and Syria - embargos galore, just to keep them (and their assets) in check.

If we were to think purely in a Biblical sense, it would probably seem that any vague prophesising would be coming true. Not just the state of nations, but of the geological rumblings too. Earthquakes wipe out hundreds, even thousands of people in South Asia, and the West Coast of America has been overdue a big one for years now. We're also warned, almost annually now, of an asteroid collision wiping us out. This can probably all be extracted and interpreted from the Bible and other religious texts, but that doesn't mean that it has any real-life significance. Civilisations have risen and then vanished numeruous times through history. Entire South American empires (who did not have the Bible, but still worshipped Gods), have just simply ceased to exist, self-destructing under an element of their society that we have yet to figure out. Our best guesses are either greed, or some natural disaster. Even the Dinosaurs (best of all the animals) died out, and the only reason we have any evidence of their existance is because we find their bones!

Today's society definitely has greed. Our whole work ethic revolves around making as much money as we can, so that we can lead more comfortable lives. While everyone has the right to earn money, and some are rewarded in proportion to the amount of effort they put into their jobs, there are always people who are in positions of authority that do not deserve to be there. Take Paris Hilton for example. Touted around trashy "lad's mag's" as a sexy babe, but that's all she is. No brains, no intellect - just a stick figure that doesn't mind flaunting her child-like body. Now it may seem unfair to single out one person (society has always had it's darlings and "It" people), but if you take the reasons she is a household name and the amount of people who aspire to her ideals, and then think about another celebrity...hmmm, let's say Arnold Schwarznegger...then you start to see how dangerous a mix of money, status and authority can be.

Who would ever have thought that the star of such films as Conan The Barbarian, Red Sonja (although it could be argued that he was the sidekick), and The Terminator, would ever be in charge of such a large economy as California!? It's just crazy. The only thing stopping him getting to the White House, and being in charge of the mightiest superpower on Earth is that he wasn't born in the country. If that changes, then I fear for us all. It's blatantly obvious that the only reason he got anywhere in politics is because of who he is. Not what he stands for, or his political background, or academic/military prowess. He had the money and the following to take control. It doesn't matter if there is a better man for the job, when you could have Mr Frosty as your Governor. He used his millions to hire a crack team of publicists and PR people, used his Kennedy connections to sway votes, and now he's in charge.

That's just America, though - it's a f**ked up country anyway.

But could that happen over here? An increasingly "dumbed-down" nation, crime is rife, obesity is becoming commonplace - almost like we're becoming America #2. We like to think that we wouldn't be so stupid as to vote in a former body-builder to rule us all, but at the end of the day, it's a choice between Clown Number One, or Clown Number Two. No changes made in the 4 short years of power any Government has is enough to make a difference, it's all an image contest to make it look like you're capable of running a country. Craig from Big Brother looks quite handy, and he can build a shed. Jade from Big Brother has a big gob and a pea for a brain, but millions of people watch her on TV, slack-jawed, taking it all in because they've got nothing better to do with their lives. I honestly don't think it will be too long before we have someone like that in a position of authority. Then we truly are in for it.

And of course, all this has been predicted by the Bible. Or has it? If it had, and there was any proof that previous predictions had come true (outside the sphere of vague uncertainty that all predictions have had thus far), then we certainly wouldn't be sitting on our arsses typing in chat forums. Unless it was a chat forum about religious predictions coming true. I'm sure our societies and civilisations will come to a premature and bloody demise, but I don't think it has any biblical connotations, it's just what happens in times of unrest. But the real question that's on everyone's minds is: How long before you're b*ggered over the bonnet of your own burning car?
Sat 13/03/04 at 23:36
Regular
I'd prefer not to die till I live to at least 80
Sat 13/03/04 at 23:32
Regular
"Tag This."
Forest Fan wrote:
> You would be suprised how scary the tribulation will be.

My generation grew up with videogame/cinema violence. We have all been de-sensitised so that nothing scares us or shocks anymore. Anyway, as it goes, the end of the world will most likely be pretty instentaneous for most of us, so probably not too much suffering. Current favorites for the end of the world include all out thermonuclear war, asteroid strike (with the same effect as the nukes, just bigger), or cosmic death rays. Whether these are God-induced or not is irrelivant to the final result. We would either die instantly or survive for a few weeks before dying (starvation or radiation will get the stragglers).
Sat 13/03/04 at 22:28
"period drama"
Meh.
I thought the film was better.
Sat 13/03/04 at 21:45
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Did you see it at the cinema?

Nope, Revelation
Sat 13/03/04 at 18:12
"period drama"
Did you see it at the cinema?
Sat 13/03/04 at 15:30
Regular
lalakersrule wrote:
> Forest Fan wrote:
>
> This is a scary world as the tribulation approaches. But it is going
> to get a lot worst, when the anti-christ rises up.
>
>
> Can't be as scary as seeing my dad getting up in the morning. Now
> that is a bloody scary sight.

You would be suprised how scary the tribulation will be.
Sat 13/03/04 at 15:21
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Forest Fan wrote:

> This is a scary world as the tribulation approaches. But it is going
> to get a lot worst, when the anti-christ rises up.

Can't be as scary as seeing my dad getting up in the morning. Now that is a bloody scary sight.
Sat 13/03/04 at 15:18
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
gamezfreak wrote:
> I'm with Mojo on this one, He's correct.
>
> Anyway, monkey man, I see your point, I fear for the safety of my
> life, my sperm and my friends. It's quite harrowing that we live in a
> world plaugued with terror, fear and destruction.
>
> Still, its better to just carry on living aye ?

Oh no, I think you've got me wrong. I don't fear for my life or safety at all. In fact, I think a great big scar along my cheek would be cool. I just knocked it out to start a debate on religious views and our future.
Sat 13/03/04 at 15:08
Regular
gamezfreak wrote:
> I'm with Mojo on this one, He's correct.
>
> Anyway, monkey man, I see your point, I fear for the safety of my
> life, my sperm and my friends. It's quite harrowing that we live in a
> world plaugued with terror, fear and destruction.
>
> Still, its better to just carry on living aye ?

This is a scary world as the tribulation approaches. But it is going to get a lot worst, when the anti-christ rises up.
Sat 13/03/04 at 15:07
Regular
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> Forest Fan wrote:
>
> Except He has more power than the easter bunny and is real.
>
> --------
>
> No he isn't. Kids are stupid enough to fall for the Easter Bunny,
> Santa, the Tooth Fairy and all that crap. Same deal with God. Only
> you're stupid enough to still believe in it.

Or clever enough to still believe in GOD.

> I pity you, I really do. You live your life to a set of rules that
> was written 2000 years ago (that's IF the bible was written that long
> ago, and wasn't just a piece of fiction written more recently) I have
> free choice. You don't.

Your pity is wasted on me, I am happy I have free-will and have chosen eternal life. It's a choice thing.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.