GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Angel is crap"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 10/03/04 at 23:05
"High polygon count"
Isn't it?

Or is it just me?

I was/am a big Buffy fan, and I loved the first 3 seasons of Angel.

But last season, I got completely fed up with the Connor/Jasmine/Cordy story, and this season - apart from a couple of episodes - is just naff.

Last night's episode was laughable, especially the Wolfram & Hart advert/promo video at the beginning. I just thought that was so tacky - it put me in mind of the "I'd buy that for a dollar" adverts in Robocop... okay for the 80's, but really, really sad today.

I'm so pished off with it that I'm selling the first 3 DVD box sets - for me, there's no point in having just part of the series. It's just another show that's going to end in the middle of nowhere.

All the episodes seem so disjointed that they're almost stand-alone. I'm actually finding myself glad that it's been cancelled, and in truth, if it weren't for Spike, I doubt I'd even continue watching to the end of the season. I'm hoping it will pick up a bit now that Lindsey is back and (seemingly) 'evil'.

Other than that? Very disappointed.
Fri 12/03/04 at 00:17
"High polygon count"
The Buffy episode(s) where Joyce Summers dies provided some of the best moments I've ever seen on TV. I found them very moving, and the acting was superb.

When Buffy comes home and finds her on the sofa... wow!
Thu 11/03/04 at 22:29
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
Cyclone wrote:
> I liked Buffy when it was all the normal people, in daylight, at
> school, and some evil vampires.
>
> Not the wrecked, permanantly dark apocalypse town that was in all
> the, um, later ones....

Meh, you wouldn't have liked it if they made 7 series all focused around vampires and school kids. They had to develop it someway and by getting them to leave highschool, fight bigger and badder evils, lose loved ones, change personalities and preferences in Willow's case etc. It all got a bit more intricate(sp?) and it was done really well when they changed the scene a bit and made it a bit darker:D

Oh the episode with The Gentleman was good. I think it got an Emmy nomination but nobody'd let it win because parents thought it was too evil and all that. Damn them, you just know they are the same people who join the PTA. Anyway that and the one with that monster that only sick children can see and it preys on hospital kids who are too weak to fight back. That was a good'un too.
Thu 11/03/04 at 22:22
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I liked Buffy when it was all the normal people, in daylight, at school, and some evil vampires.

Not the wrecked, permanantly dark apocalypse town that was in all the, um, later ones....
Thu 11/03/04 at 21:33
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
Buh you all know I'm right. I don't know what was wrong with series 7 myself. I think it would have been better if The First was like Glory X100 with all the first's powers and the power to kick ass herself but Caleb was pretty damn good as an enemy of the big buffster. When looking back on all the episodes of Angel and Buffy though. If I had to pick a favourite I'd have to pick the episode of ANGEL when Wesley busts Faith out of prison to fight Angelous. Their fights rocked and she beat Conner in a wee fight which was good because he was a terrible character. I'm sure I could think of a ton of better ones but that's the first one that springs to mind.
Thu 11/03/04 at 19:57
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Stryke wrote:
> So the WB cancelled it. Fools.

Might not be yet. http://www.buffy.nu/article.php3?id_article=3446

Season 5 is getting good, wont spoil it for any one who hasnt watched the US episodes.
Thu 11/03/04 at 19:46
Regular
Don't you silence me Frodo.
Thu 11/03/04 at 19:40
Regular
Silence with Xander criticising. One of the most wittily written roles on T.V. Ever. But I will agree with the classic rating given to Season 2. But then again, the first 6 seasons of Buffy all rock. 7 sucked. But it was still 10x better than anything else. Except Angel.

2,3,1,4,5,6,7. Is my order from best to worst. And now to Angel.

Angel Season 4 was it's weakest, true. Jasmine was annoying, and I can't be the only one who looked away with disgust when Connor and EvilCordyButWeDidn'tKnowThatYet got it on.But it still had some amazing parts. Gwen episodes, for a start. Spin The Bottle. The Gunn/Fred/Wes triangle. And the awesome last episode. Which leads me to say that Angel Season 5 is quick shaping up to rival Season 1 for best ever. C'mon, they've taken it in a whole new direction. Brought the best guest star back. Gunn's a revelation. Spike is back to being pre Buffy Season 6 comedy vamp. And if you've read the spoilers it just gets better. It's viewing figures in the US have best the best ever.

So the WB cancelled it. Fools.
Thu 11/03/04 at 18:30
Regular
Buffy Season 2.
Classic season, none of this "Ooo I'm the slaaayerrr" crap and good ol' Buffy loves Angel but then Angel nailes Buffy, turns evil and kills a load of people,Spike being all GRRR I hate the slayer and Dru being all "Pssssp psssp psssp Angelous", Willow being a geek, Giles being a Watcher and not some ponce having a mid life crisis (hello! ear ring!) and Xander....well..being the same as every other episode ever made.
Thu 11/03/04 at 18:26
"High polygon count"
Mystique wrote:
> WOOKIEE!!!
> How much do you want for your Angel DVD sets???

They're on eBid at the moment with a reserve of £44.99 each, or a Buy Now option of £49.99 - way under the RRP, and less than on Play or DVD.co.uk

They've been opened, but are unwatched.

[URL]http://sumo.ebid.co.uk/perl/objects/main.cgi?mo=search&words=paranoimia&type=user[/URL] to see the auctions.
Thu 11/03/04 at 17:34
Regular
Ah, Faith.

Buffy TVS was great, especially with its painfully cheesy speech almost every episode. They just hit the cringe factor on the head. Spot on.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.