GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Java"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 09/03/04 at 19:34
Regular
Hey,
I am wanting to learn Java, and i was wondering where i can get a compiler from. I have looked all over the web for the 'Java Developement Kit' but cease to find it, even on the 'java.Sun.com' website which is poorly layed out!! If you could point me in the direction for this i will be greatful.
Also is it a hard programming language to learn? If it uses Formulas i should be alright.
Thankyou
James
Wed 24/03/04 at 16:53
Regular
Well i followed some tutorial after googling a bit and i hope this is the right way to set the path and classpath: [URL]http://www.titansfan098.com/uploader/classpath.jpg[/URL]
[URL]http://www.titansfan098.com/uploader/path.jpg[/URL]
Wed 17/03/04 at 20:28
Regular
"Meh"
Na, it doesn't matter where, as long as you run the commands after making your current directory the one with the files in it.

I was going to point you out to the Java documentation, which does help a lot, but I guess you've found it.
Wed 17/03/04 at 19:40
Regular
Okay cheers now i know a bit through some googling... although should i place the .java anywhere specifically?
Wed 17/03/04 at 15:36
Regular
"Meh"
Yer. You have to run it from the command line for it to work, and with other profiles files too
Wed 17/03/04 at 15:32
Regular
Just checking do i have the right program?
It's called j2sdk1.4.2_04
Tue 16/03/04 at 21:08
Regular
"Meh"
Or you can set the environment variable permenantly from the control panel > System > Advanced tab.
Tue 16/03/04 at 21:03
Regular
I created a batch files that will compile a file aslong as it is in an assigned folder.

Here:
SET PATH=%PATH%;C:\JDK1.1.6\BIN
SET CLASSPATH=.;C:\JDK1.1.6\LIB\CLASSES.ZIP
CD\JDK1.1.6\FILES

Put that into notepad, change the file names and save as a .bat in your /Windows/ directory. Run it from Command Prompt.
Tue 16/03/04 at 20:53
Regular
"Meh"
-classpath
Tue 16/03/04 at 20:47
Regular
Okay.. i found something called JDB actually just now not JDK
Tue 16/03/04 at 20:46
Regular
I've had a little test and it turns out it recgonises the command 'java -classpath' but not 'javac - classpath'

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.