GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Java"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 09/03/04 at 19:34
Regular
Hey,
I am wanting to learn Java, and i was wondering where i can get a compiler from. I have looked all over the web for the 'Java Developement Kit' but cease to find it, even on the 'java.Sun.com' website which is poorly layed out!! If you could point me in the direction for this i will be greatful.
Also is it a hard programming language to learn? If it uses Formulas i should be alright.
Thankyou
James
Tue 09/03/04 at 19:34
Regular
Hey,
I am wanting to learn Java, and i was wondering where i can get a compiler from. I have looked all over the web for the 'Java Developement Kit' but cease to find it, even on the 'java.Sun.com' website which is poorly layed out!! If you could point me in the direction for this i will be greatful.
Also is it a hard programming language to learn? If it uses Formulas i should be alright.
Thankyou
James
Tue 09/03/04 at 19:37
Regular
"Drinks Sunny Deligh"
THe compiler is included in the SDK

[URL]http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/download.html[/URL]
Tue 09/03/04 at 19:58
Regular
Why are you a JAT Icarus?
Tue 09/03/04 at 22:12
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
JamesD wrote:
> Also is it a hard programming language to learn?

Not really, i think its quite intuitive.

For example this snatch of code;

g.SetColor(Color.red){
g.FillOval(324 , 34, 43, 234){

Will draw a filled red oval at the above co-ordinates with the first 2 numbers in the 4 number sequence being the ovals height and width.

Mind you, ive not studied it for a long time now, so im sure some of the above will be a bit off.
Tue 09/03/04 at 22:14
Regular
"Drinks Sunny Deligh"
Yeah, though I must point out g is a rubbish object name. I got told off for that by my tutor, even though I was just giving an example and the wasn't actually using it in handwritten code - just to save time on the board.
Wed 10/03/04 at 14:38
Regular
I'd say a very good language to start on is Perl. It's not that hard to get into the basics of it and lets you ease yourself into other, more complex programming languages.

Never really looked into Java, mind.
Tue 16/03/04 at 16:29
Regular
Well got that Java SDK but how the feck do you use it?! :|
Tue 16/03/04 at 16:53
Regular
Silent Scope wrote:
> Well got that Java SDK but how the feck do you use it?! :|

I downloaded an old version of the JDK.
Tue 16/03/04 at 19:04
Regular
"Meh"
Make a program in java
Compile it using javac
Run it using java, provided the previous step didn't show any errors
Tue 16/03/04 at 19:10
Regular
It's put itself into a j2sdk folder.. but no launch program in it anywhere.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.