GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"ECW's Possible Return......"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 06/03/04 at 19:57
Regular
Taken from NODQ.COM:

"Talk continues that Vince McMahon may give the green light to revive the ECW brand name following WrestleMania XX.

The idea right now is to have Paul Heyman get fired from Smackdown and start ECW as a rebel brand. The thinking is that most of the ex-ECW wrestlers will work on the new ECW brand.

WWE would promote ECW as a "rebel" brand and not one of their official brands.

Shane McMahon may also get involved in this story if it happens, using his power to help Heyman start the rebel ECW group. WWE would keep the budget low for the ECW brand and would eventually expect to run one PPV per quarter for it.

The brand would likely get a one hour weekly TV show, probably on Saturday night replacing Confidential or Velocity."

-----------------------------------------------

Sounds good to me. ECW would be brought back, people like RVD would stop being wasted and new talent would get more space in WWE.
Sat 06/03/04 at 23:37
Regular
Yeah, I guess they might ruin it but he'd hand control over to Paul Heyman...Heyman couldn't ruin it.
Sat 06/03/04 at 23:25
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
True Raven, i forgot about how McMahon would ruin ECW like he's managed to do with RAW. Like you said i very much doubt he'd allow them to go as extreme as they used to or be able to get all the old talent back like Whipwreck, Kid Cash, Simon Diamond etc etc. Probably will suck as much as a HHH match.
Sat 06/03/04 at 23:07
Regular
"Forum Tweener"
[B]I get it.[B]

Why not just use HTML?
Sat 06/03/04 at 23:06
Regular
"Forum Tweener"
> WHAT would you choose?
> Any true ECW fan would NOT be excited by this.
> Remember what Vince did to WCW and the nWo as soon as he owned them?
> Bah.
> Wow. HTML tags?
> Can you do this?

Why aren't the tags working?
Sat 06/03/04 at 23:05
Regular
"Forum Tweener"
This is a hideous idea.
WWE will of course own ECW, and I am guessing they will do a poor job promoting it as a seperate brand. They will also NOT have the balls to go as extreme as ECW.
I actually feel sick at the thought of this idea.
Here's a comparison:

Main Event for Saturday's one hour(bah) ECW show:RVD vs Rhyno for ECW title. "ECW rules" Meaning a chairshot or two. Match will have to be kept VERY short due to the show only being an hour in length. Probably about 10 mins. Also, if the show is the same timeslot as Velocity, the violence and swearing will be ZERO.
Remember Rhyno telling RVD to "go back home and smoke your f**king joints"
in the REAL ECW?

Main Event for Raw:Chris Benoit vs Kane for the World Title. Normal rules, but a bitter Triple H attacks Benoit with the Sledgehammer after a stunning 20+ minute match.

Main Event for Smackdown:Brock Lesnar vs Kurt Angle vs Eddie Guererro for the WWE title.
A delicious match, packed full of the usual wrestling skill on Smackdown!

WHAT would you choose?
Any true ECW fan would NOT be excited by this.
Remember what Vince did to WCW and the nWo as soon as he owned them?
Bah.
Wow. HTML tags?
Can you do this?
Sat 06/03/04 at 22:44
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
"Will ECW get over here?" - No idea

WWE owns the ECW name the last time I checked so they would own the new ECW.
Sat 06/03/04 at 22:34
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Be quite embarrasing for the WWE when this ECW stomps RAW and Smackdown in the ratings :-D
Sat 06/03/04 at 21:44
Regular
"Plate of glue"
Very Nice. Rhyno will actually get used.

I have 2 questions.
1) Will we get ECW over here?
2) Will WWE own ECW?

You probably won't know those. Cheers for the info.
Sat 06/03/04 at 19:57
Regular
Taken from NODQ.COM:

"Talk continues that Vince McMahon may give the green light to revive the ECW brand name following WrestleMania XX.

The idea right now is to have Paul Heyman get fired from Smackdown and start ECW as a rebel brand. The thinking is that most of the ex-ECW wrestlers will work on the new ECW brand.

WWE would promote ECW as a "rebel" brand and not one of their official brands.

Shane McMahon may also get involved in this story if it happens, using his power to help Heyman start the rebel ECW group. WWE would keep the budget low for the ECW brand and would eventually expect to run one PPV per quarter for it.

The brand would likely get a one hour weekly TV show, probably on Saturday night replacing Confidential or Velocity."

-----------------------------------------------

Sounds good to me. ECW would be brought back, people like RVD would stop being wasted and new talent would get more space in WWE.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.