GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"ECW's Possible Return......"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 06/03/04 at 19:57
Regular
Taken from NODQ.COM:

"Talk continues that Vince McMahon may give the green light to revive the ECW brand name following WrestleMania XX.

The idea right now is to have Paul Heyman get fired from Smackdown and start ECW as a rebel brand. The thinking is that most of the ex-ECW wrestlers will work on the new ECW brand.

WWE would promote ECW as a "rebel" brand and not one of their official brands.

Shane McMahon may also get involved in this story if it happens, using his power to help Heyman start the rebel ECW group. WWE would keep the budget low for the ECW brand and would eventually expect to run one PPV per quarter for it.

The brand would likely get a one hour weekly TV show, probably on Saturday night replacing Confidential or Velocity."

-----------------------------------------------

Sounds good to me. ECW would be brought back, people like RVD would stop being wasted and new talent would get more space in WWE.
Wed 10/03/04 at 16:35
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Well, think about it this way. No matter how small the roster is, I would think the majority of them will get on the one hour show. Then, it would possibly be toned down because of circumstances like the channel it's on. Chances are, it will get adverts cutting the programme up.

I would predict that perhaps 2-3 people might get a 20-30 minute match regularly. The PPV is probably the only possible good thing out of this. My thoughts.
Wed 10/03/04 at 15:42
Regular
"..."
Grandprix wrote:
> You just know that the WWE are going to totally mess it up. Plus, with
> it being only a hour, it's not much time for anyone to really stand
> out.

No, especially as ECW built it's wrestler's reputatios on giving guys, long crowd-pleasing, high-spot-filled matches. Oh well, I'll look on the bright side...hopefully Heyman will be head booker/head of creative and there is talk of one ECW pay-per-view event each quarter...which is of course, better than 0.
Tue 09/03/04 at 18:49
Regular
"Far Beyond Metal"
Hmm... Sounds like a good idea to me. Although I do agree with you all - WWE probably will mess it up.
Tue 09/03/04 at 15:24
Regular
"Plate of glue"
Now now, lets be nice.
Mon 08/03/04 at 20:39
Regular
"rules"
Lipe wrote:
> Fígó wrote:
> But it will be so toned down that it won't actually be 'extreme'.
>
> That's true...especially since WWE have been banning lots of moves.
> Still, it will give people like RVD somewhere to get where they might
> get the credit they deserve. I'd prefer to see RVD have the ECW World
> Heavyweight Title (or whatever it's called) than seeing him on WWE
> being wasted...

limehole
Mon 08/03/04 at 18:41
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
You just know that the WWE are going to totally mess it up. Plus, with it being only a hour, it's not much time for anyone to really stand out.
Mon 08/03/04 at 18:03
Regular
Fígó wrote:
> But it will be so toned down that it won't actually be 'extreme'.

That's true...especially since WWE have been banning lots of moves. Still, it will give people like RVD somewhere to get where they might get the credit they deserve. I'd prefer to see RVD have the ECW World Heavyweight Title (or whatever it's called) than seeing him on WWE being wasted...
Mon 08/03/04 at 17:36
Regular
"Plate of glue"
Have it on a saturday night, so not to bust up RAW and Smackdowns ratings
Mon 08/03/04 at 17:33
Regular
It would be a good idea if the WWE could get it right...

But it will be so toned down that it won't actually be 'extreme'.
Sat 06/03/04 at 23:39
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
But they'll still be WWE entertainers for all intents and purposes and i can't really see Vince telling Heyman it's fine if the Dudleyz go putting Rhyno through 4 tables off a balcony.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.