GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"5.1 Surround for Xbox/DVD's"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 12/04/05 at 14:23
Regular
"Touched!"
I'm wanting a decent sound system for my Xbox and my DVD's to go along with my 28" Widescreen TV in my room. However I don't know too much about them. Could anyone recommend me some decent kit for £200 max? I take it for the Xbox I need an optical cable? Also my JVC tv has a built in dolby pro logic II surround decoder. Is this any use? Thanks.
Tue 12/04/05 at 16:52
Can the Sharp Aquos 32" LCD be seen comfortably from 10m away? The high street stores group them in corridors, so I can't get a proper distance view for it.

By comfortable I mean, "Wow, what a view". I want to be constantly amazed whenever stuff is onscreen, y'see.

Also, how heavy is it?
Tue 12/04/05 at 16:56
Regular
Hang on a second, I will get a picture of it and upload it from where I sit to watch it, you will get the idea...

But yeah 32" is excellent at 10m, I watch mine from about 10m. Also if you get an uploading DVD player (before true HDDVD comes out) you can get a picture that makes you do a sex wee every time you turn it on :D
Tue 12/04/05 at 17:07
Regular
[URL]http://img114.echo.cx/my.php?image=tv14qc.jpg[/URL]

Thats from about 6M, I lie down for the other 4 :D
Wed 13/04/05 at 11:56
Regular
"Selected"
I like the way you neatly arranged the remote controls before taking the picture.
Wed 13/04/05 at 12:07
Regular
"Touched!"
Suicide Soldier wrote:
> Oh yeah and for Xbox use Optical. If you can try to find one with a
> HDMI input/output for future proofing. If this is just a stop gap for
> a better one just make sure it has Optical, I have never used Coaxial
> for 5.1, poorer quality connection.

Any Idea where is best to get the cable and that Yamaha TSS-1 one from? :D Thanks mate.
Wed 13/04/05 at 12:16
Regular
"Touched!"
I also noticed the one you mentioned is a 2001 product. Is there anything newer for £300?
Wed 13/04/05 at 12:24
Regular
Yamaha TSS-1 systems are pretty hard to find these days as they are an older system. I know they did an upgrade for Pro Logic 2 (as the original only supported 5.1/DTS/Pro Logic) and I remember finding one through google for someone else a while back but I really can't remember where.

For all audio/visual cable head over to [URL]http://www.audiovisualonline.co.uk/dynamic/home.html[/URL]

Excellent company, item will be with you within 2 days, competitive costs and they range from cheap to really expensive depending on what you want. I paid £45 for a 1M Optical cable but you will find them there from around £10. [URL]http://www.audiovisualonline.co.uk/dynamic/eshop_categories.set/ref/7/digital-optical-cables/browse.html[/URL] for their optical cable range.
Wed 13/04/05 at 12:27
Regular
sPiKeCaSt wrote:
> I also noticed the one you mentioned is a 2001 product. Is there
> anything newer for £300?

Have a look on RGBDirect.co.uk for a Sony 6.1/DTS EX/Pro Logic 2 system. They have one for around £260 I believe which is also highly recommended. If you are unsure which one send me the link and I will confirm (just don't want to get assed at work for having loads of interent windows open :D)
Wed 13/04/05 at 13:17
Regular
"Touched!"
Cheers mate will take a look.
Wed 13/04/05 at 13:25
Regular
"Touched!"
Is this the one?

Sony HTDDW860

· 6.1 Receiver Package
· Dolby Digital / dts / Dolby ProLogic2
· 100W X 6 + 100W SubWoofer
· Pre Programmed Remote Commander
· Cinema Studio EX
· Supplied Connecting Cables

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.