GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"5.1 Surround for Xbox/DVD's"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 12/04/05 at 14:23
Regular
"Touched!"
I'm wanting a decent sound system for my Xbox and my DVD's to go along with my 28" Widescreen TV in my room. However I don't know too much about them. Could anyone recommend me some decent kit for £200 max? I take it for the Xbox I need an optical cable? Also my JVC tv has a built in dolby pro logic II surround decoder. Is this any use? Thanks.
Thu 14/04/05 at 21:39
Regular
"Bicycle"
lcarus wrote:
> Show offs. But not for long, come September I'm getting a 40"
> plasma screen. Boosh

Wha?? 40"?? How much?!?
Thu 14/04/05 at 21:12
Regular
"Da num.01 rapper"
You need a mighty powerful tv i got a sony flat screen and i got soround sound + Bass it's great i like the hits, I use more often for games,tv channels,moviez.

You must know what you own!
Thu 14/04/05 at 19:45
Regular
lcarus wrote:
> Cheers for that, it doesn't look that good though; got a pic with any
> game running on it? :)

You haven't seen it/heard it running Saving Private Ryan in 1080i with a 750watt surround sound system. I didn't spend £2300 on a TV for nothing :D It is fully future proof, 480p/720p/1080i HDTV through DVI-I (A + D integrated), HDMI, Component Video Input, 3 scart connections etc. I will learn to turn the flash off though, spoilt the pic a little :)

> Oh, I'm assuming you can play both console and Pc games through it?

Yeah, PC through VGA/DVI up to 2048 x 1024, Xbox and PS2 through to 1080i via Component Video Input, DVI/HDMI are the only PURE digital connections though at the moment.
Wed 13/04/05 at 21:54
Regular
"Touched!"
Burnster wrote:
> Sorry to ask a silly question but wheres the optical input socket on
> the x-box???????

You need the advanced Scart cable. (£15 for official one)
Wed 13/04/05 at 21:44
Regular
"You knows it"
Sorry to ask a silly question but wheres the optical input socket on the x-box???????
Wed 13/04/05 at 20:19
Suicide Soldier wrote:

> But yeah 32" is excellent at 10m, I watch mine from about 10m.
> Also if you get an uploading DVD player (before true HDDVD comes out)
> you can get a picture that makes you do a sex wee every time you turn
> it on :D

Cheers for that, it doesn't look that good though; got a pic with any game running on it? :)

Oh, I'm assuming you can play both console and Pc games through it?
Wed 13/04/05 at 14:48
Regular
Not sure to be honest, drop them an email. You will get a COAX cable as standard but optical I doubt it, they aren't classed as a "necessity" despite providing infinitely better quality. If you have the spare doh as well, re-wire the speakers with the IXOS cabling. Tis expensive to do a room but the quality is the clads nads :)
Wed 13/04/05 at 14:09
Regular
"Touched!"
Will I need to buy the optical cable seperately?
Wed 13/04/05 at 13:52
Regular
Yep.

Without buying the AMP and Speakers seperate (which I did this time) you won't find a better standalone Dolby Digital system unless you pay in excess of £2000 on a Bose one.
Wed 13/04/05 at 13:25
Regular
"Touched!"
Is this the one?

Sony HTDDW860

· 6.1 Receiver Package
· Dolby Digital / dts / Dolby ProLogic2
· 100W X 6 + 100W SubWoofer
· Pre Programmed Remote Commander
· Cinema Studio EX
· Supplied Connecting Cables

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.