GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"NOT a WoW thread... Honestly"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Eve Online'.
Tue 12/04/05 at 15:58
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
Having spent the good part of an afternoon browsing obscure shops in a vain effort to get my hands on a copy of WoW, (because it should work over the Uni firewall with my new http tunnel software as its TCP based as opposed to UDP), I was longing for the human interaction...

So I downloaded the Eve-online client (free and available), and reactivated my old account, I have to say a lot has changed since I left last year, the interface is much less cluttered and it was much easier to get into this time around. Happy days.

Its worth a try, its admittedly a bit slow to start with... but persevere and rewards will be reaped.

*This is not an Eve-online is better than WoW thread!!
Tue 12/04/05 at 21:53
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Ahahaha, you are such a bas in MMORPG's Nashby.
Tue 12/04/05 at 21:02
Regular
Hmm, sounds better I admit, but when I played there was just too much time spent flying through hyperspace, jumping, and then hyperspace again, with nothing much to do along the way.

I was always disappointed by the lack of PVP in it. Plus there were annoying morons that would camp the entrance of jump gates in uber powerful ships, and then threaten to kill you unless you paid them loads of money.
Yeah, thanks for that.

I always thought there was a lot of potential though. I didn't like the way you had to wait minutes - then hours - and then whole days at a time for your skills to increase. Also whenever I read the EVE news bulletins, which had a nice feel to them, and thinking "cool, stories about races hating each other" but nothing ever came from it. A war between the 4 races would have been cool, with some huge battles, but nothing. Just “rising tension” constantly.

I dunno, I might download it and play it again. Steal some ore like the gory days.

René: "Commander Froots stop stealing our ore!"
Me: Huh.
René: i'll report you to the devs theyll kick u for stealing ore!!
Me: I thought it was in the rules to steal ore, it was just frowned upon.
René: You are now officially an enemy of the guild!

Then I never saw him or his guild again. I think they moved their woeful mining operation to another system, out of the reach of the gluttonous Commander Froots.
Then from then on i sent him in-game emails saying "got any ore bro?"

Anyway.
Tue 12/04/05 at 19:28
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
The gamespot review doesn't take into account the many many updates requested by players, now it is possible to pursue literally any career you can think of, some build ships for a living. Some are pirates, some mine, some sell custom made blueprints for various items some are bounty hunters if you so choose you can be a trader following market trends or you can just do the preset missions etc etc...

It is however a slow starter so alot of people get put off by the initial hours. There is however an awesomeness to seeing a player owned starwars destroyer sized mother ship silently cruise by, with enough power to destroy a planet. The graphics are very good, and enhance the feeling of being deep in space with upto 12000 other players on the same server.
Tue 12/04/05 at 19:15
Regular
It's crap.
Tue 12/04/05 at 19:02
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
6.2 in Gamespot. Mining seems to be the main and only way to make cash. Looks nice, but I don't have the time to invest in something like that.
Tue 12/04/05 at 18:38
Regular
"accidental superher"
order a copy from game since they've got new stock...limited mind you...
Tue 12/04/05 at 15:58
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
Having spent the good part of an afternoon browsing obscure shops in a vain effort to get my hands on a copy of WoW, (because it should work over the Uni firewall with my new http tunnel software as its TCP based as opposed to UDP), I was longing for the human interaction...

So I downloaded the Eve-online client (free and available), and reactivated my old account, I have to say a lot has changed since I left last year, the interface is much less cluttered and it was much easier to get into this time around. Happy days.

Its worth a try, its admittedly a bit slow to start with... but persevere and rewards will be reaped.

*This is not an Eve-online is better than WoW thread!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.