GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"NOT a WoW thread... Honestly"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Eve Online'.
Tue 12/04/05 at 15:58
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
Having spent the good part of an afternoon browsing obscure shops in a vain effort to get my hands on a copy of WoW, (because it should work over the Uni firewall with my new http tunnel software as its TCP based as opposed to UDP), I was longing for the human interaction...

So I downloaded the Eve-online client (free and available), and reactivated my old account, I have to say a lot has changed since I left last year, the interface is much less cluttered and it was much easier to get into this time around. Happy days.

Its worth a try, its admittedly a bit slow to start with... but persevere and rewards will be reaped.

*This is not an Eve-online is better than WoW thread!!
Sun 17/04/05 at 18:20
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
J Nash wrote:
> You will get called a n00b from time to time, but the correct response
> to such allegations is 'stfu n00b'

SEEN!
Sun 17/04/05 at 11:41
mikelar wrote:
> reckon I'll play this after my exams.
>
> which are about 3 weeks away. urgh.

Ditto
Sun 17/04/05 at 11:35
Regular
"Selected"
reckon I'll play this after my exams.

which are about 3 weeks away. urgh.
Sun 17/04/05 at 11:03
Regular
You will get called a n00b from time to time, but the correct response to such allegations is 'stfu n00b'
Sun 17/04/05 at 09:42
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
tigamilla wrote:
> Happy days to come, I just hope im not too late (I hate being called
> a n00b)...

Well done. Education first. You'll not gte called a n00b either, as there'll be shedloads of other players starting out at the same time.
Sat 16/04/05 at 23:17
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
Suicide Soldier wrote:
> Tig, this is the worst attempt I have ever seen to soften the blow of
> not having one of the best games ever because you can't find a copy
> :D
>
> Get down and shine my shoes, you should be ashamed.

I held the WoW box in my hands today... I almost kissed it. I walked into 3 different shops to make sure they all had copies, I checked my bank balance - my student account would have allowed me to stretch to it...

Alas, my rarely seen sensible side sent sharp red alert warning signals to my hands and I replaced the box on the shelf and walked out of the shop, trying desparately not to look back.

You see I have exams in less about 10 days and from reading all the praise this has got, chances are I would fail miserably from sheer WoW addiction. However this WILL be my post exam student to self reward...

Happy days to come, I just hope im not too late (I hate being called a n00b)...
Wed 13/04/05 at 11:54
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
tigamilla wrote:
> It is however a slow starter so alot of people get put off by the
> initial hours.

As I said, I don't have the time to invest in it. This morning, I logged on to WoW due to "waking up early" isomnia, and did a quest and got myself a recipe for spider sausages in the space of 15 minutes.

I spent a couple of hours on a single orgre killing quest last night.

Nice bitesize quests of you want, more time consuming quests if you want.

For all Eve looks nice, the pure grinding involved sounds horrendous (8 days for a skill increase?! Relentless mining?)

Sure I'm bias, but I've started off with a fun, punchy, noob friendly MMORPG. When the time comes when I've seen it all, I'll have no regrets (apart from not being able to play it) pullin my subscription.

:D
Wed 13/04/05 at 11:44
Regular
Tig, this is the worst attempt I have ever seen to soften the blow of not having one of the best games ever because you can't find a copy :D

Get down and shine my shoes, you should be ashamed.
Tue 12/04/05 at 22:17
Regular
"gsybe you!"
It sounds highly impressive, but WoW is just too good.

It's perfectly balanced too. I was interested in EVE, but it just sounds far to much of nothing.

Even if it is stunningly beautiful.
Tue 12/04/05 at 21:57
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
Heh yeah I want to save up and become a mighty space pirate - terrorise all the trade lanes and mining spots!

Mwah hah hah

Ultimately it would be ace to make it onto the most wanted human players list with BIG BIG BIG bounties going...

*Sigh lots of mining until then however

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.