GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Downloading Music"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 03/03/04 at 12:36
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
I'm about to get broadband at home and it has come to my attention that I don't listen to enough music anymore and I'd like to.

I'd like to download tracks onto the computer or a CD and just googled for downloading music and got swamped by thousands of different sites.

Can I have any recommendations please for a good site to join. I'd like to be able to download virtually any type of music except pop. I'm particularly looking for some musical soundtracks and some Joe Jackson at the moment.

Don't tut at me just because I'm new to this and don't know where to start. At least I know where NOT to start.
Thu 04/03/04 at 20:48
Regular
"relocated"
Paradox: wrote:
> It's all rubbish and unlegal.

It's not rubbish, it's great. And it's unlegal but it shouldn't be. This week I downloaded two tracks off a mainstream album, liked them and bought the real thing. Now I find that the CD is copy-protected and I have to jump through hoops so that I can rip the tracks and listen to them on my mp3 player. But if someone hadn't circumvented the copy-protection already I never would have bought the damn thing. Grrr.
Thu 04/03/04 at 20:46
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Most bands / record labels (well, independant record labels anyhoo, dunno bout the majors really...) have MP3s for download on their sites. That's what I usually use. Or Kazaa. Or I just buy CDs. Friend of mine runs an online CD store for punk/hardcore/ska/emo (etc...) music.

www.punkermentality.com if anyone's interested...
Thu 04/03/04 at 20:35
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I borrow CDs of friends and put them on PC.

Then give them back.

Bingo.
Thu 04/03/04 at 20:32
Regular
"the burning sky"
Paradox: wrote:
> It's all rubbish and unlegal.
>
> But the idea of paying for an mp3 (about 80p each i think)isn't a bad
> idea.

Wouldnt it be a good idea, say if a site offered mp3's legally for about that price, but you can choose whatever different songs you want, like a compilation cd, and then they post it to you. Or does a company already do that? It'd be perfect for those who havent got Broadband...
Thu 04/03/04 at 20:18
Regular
"SOUP!"
It's all rubbish and unlegal.

But the idea of paying for an mp3 (about 80p each i think)isn't a bad idea.
Thu 04/03/04 at 19:11
Regular
WWW.WINMX.COM

MUSIC
FILMS
PICS
GAMES
ETC.
Thu 04/03/04 at 18:22
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
I use soulseek for all my dubious activities.
Thu 04/03/04 at 18:16
Regular
"relocated"
Soulseek is better. Much better.
Thu 04/03/04 at 17:59
Regular
"100% Sonic fan"
WWW.imesh-light.com

The best one ive ever used and it comes with no adware/Spyware and no-popups!
Wed 03/03/04 at 19:52
Regular
sheepy, why is limewire better?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.