GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Downloading Music"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 03/03/04 at 12:36
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
I'm about to get broadband at home and it has come to my attention that I don't listen to enough music anymore and I'd like to.

I'd like to download tracks onto the computer or a CD and just googled for downloading music and got swamped by thousands of different sites.

Can I have any recommendations please for a good site to join. I'd like to be able to download virtually any type of music except pop. I'm particularly looking for some musical soundtracks and some Joe Jackson at the moment.

Don't tut at me just because I'm new to this and don't know where to start. At least I know where NOT to start.
Wed 03/03/04 at 12:36
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
I'm about to get broadband at home and it has come to my attention that I don't listen to enough music anymore and I'd like to.

I'd like to download tracks onto the computer or a CD and just googled for downloading music and got swamped by thousands of different sites.

Can I have any recommendations please for a good site to join. I'd like to be able to download virtually any type of music except pop. I'm particularly looking for some musical soundtracks and some Joe Jackson at the moment.

Don't tut at me just because I'm new to this and don't know where to start. At least I know where NOT to start.
Wed 03/03/04 at 12:46
Regular
"relocated"
Legal or illegal?

I use soulseek for all my dubious file sharing needs. It has a much, much wider selection of music than kazaa and is especially good for electronic stuff of all genres.
Wed 03/03/04 at 12:52
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Legal and trustworthy.
Wed 03/03/04 at 12:59
Regular
"relocated"
The only one I've used is bleep.com which only has stuff from Warp records. I'm thinking of trying wippit.com soon because it looks like they have some good stuff.

itunes is probably the biggest mainstream one. I dunno what format you download in though, or whether it's tied into having an ipod.
Wed 03/03/04 at 13:18
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I use Limewire, its rubbish but better than Kazza.
Wed 03/03/04 at 13:58
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
unknown kernel wrote:

> itunes is probably the biggest mainstream one. I dunno what format
> you download in though, or whether it's tied into having an ipod.

iTunes isn't available in the UK unless you can have a billing address in the US.
Downloads in mp3's I think and it dosn't matter if you have an ipod or not.
I think the store launches in the UK sometime this year.
Wed 03/03/04 at 14:12
Regular
"Bicycle"
mycokemusic.com is the UK alternitive, for now, for iTunes. It's... OK.
Wed 03/03/04 at 19:50
Regular
"www.360volts.tk"
i two was in this prediciment and i choses limewire aftre previously having kazza and i would pic lime wire any day now
Wed 03/03/04 at 19:52
Regular
sheepy, why is limewire better?
Thu 04/03/04 at 17:59
Regular
"100% Sonic fan"
WWW.imesh-light.com

The best one ive ever used and it comes with no adware/Spyware and no-popups!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.