GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I HAVE been a busy bee"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 08/11/06 at 21:21
Regular
"RIP English_Bloke"
My first few weeks as a firefighter, (fireman is apparently a no-no nowadays. PC crap).

Week one was largely dull. It was all first aid, which I did not too long ago, but a tad more involved.

Week two was mainly classroom based, learning about things ranging from how to lift a box, to how to operate hose and pumps to equalities. This week we were also beasted in the gym. Every day we had a hour and a half, (at least), of pain. My left knee now makes a squishy noise when I go up and down stairs.

Week three was much more practical. Learning knots and how to operate the hose, (make all the jokes you want. Seriously, I’ll be disappointed if you don’t.) Completing drills using the pump on the back of the engine, hydrants and hauling things up and down buildings.

We are now starting to take it on another step bringing out the ladders. I have to climb to the forth story of a building and climb over a balcony to then climb back down again. I have not done anything like this before, so this will be fun/interesting. In my last week I get propelled 8 story’s up on a platform about 1 foot by 1 foot by a motor on the back of a engine and bobbed about for a bit.

So, this is it in shorthand. So far I’m having great fun, (minus a few aches and pains). So you can all look forward to/dread posts like my old police ones only about the Fire Service.

How have things been with you all?
Thu 09/11/06 at 19:36
Regular
"RIP English_Bloke"
You always blame the drink. Whether it's wetting yourself or flashing at schoolgirls, it's always the drinks fault.
Thu 09/11/06 at 19:21
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Pandemic wrote:
> Why you little wee scamp.

You promised not to mention that again ... besides, it was cold and I'd had a lot to drink.
Thu 09/11/06 at 18:31
Regular
"RIP English_Bloke"
pb wrote:
> Depends how many cats and trees are in the area I suppose :D

Only gone to the first floor on a ladder so far, so only get stuck up bonsai's please puddies.
Thu 09/11/06 at 18:30
Regular
"RIP English_Bloke"
Machie wrote:
> I had one friend who did work experience at a firestation, he
> said sometimes it was quite boring sitting around waiting for
> the alarm.

Well on day shifts you have to drill or go do comunity work if not much is happening. You also have to keep the equipment in good order.

> Is it all as fun as Fireman Sam makes it out to be? :D

More so, but he gets more lady action then I have so far.
Thu 09/11/06 at 18:28
Regular
"RIP English_Bloke"
Scary Snake wrote:
> Why does your knee make a squishy noise when you go up the
> stairs? Or do I want to know?:D

I've always had trouble with it, and all the exercise just seems to have hurt it a little.
Thu 09/11/06 at 18:27
Regular
"RIP English_Bloke"
Timmargh wrote:
> Hey English ... hose it going?
>
> ;^)

Why you little wee scamp.
Thu 09/11/06 at 11:32
"possibly impossible"
Depends how many cats and trees are in the area I suppose :D
Thu 09/11/06 at 11:31
Regular
I dont think I would be very good as a fireman, especially going up ladders and those cherry pickers.

I had one friend who did work experience at a firestation, he said sometimes it was quite boring sitting around waiting for the alarm.

Is it all as fun as Fireman Sam makes it out to be? :D
Thu 09/11/06 at 07:52
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
Glad to hear that you are enjoying things. Seems your very busy :) Look forward to hearing more about it.
Wed 08/11/06 at 23:36
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Hey English ... hose it going?

;^)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.