GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bugging the UN?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 27/02/04 at 10:13
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Saw a snippet of a story yesterday live on Sky and the BBC about allegations that the British Government had bugged the offices of the UN Secretary General during the lead-up to the Iraq invasion.
And there was somebody from the UN saying if this proved to be true, then it would be considered illegal under 4 or 5 unilaterally signed agreements? (I'm a bit shaky on the details, only caught the tail end of it)

Anybody else see this or was my paranoid commie mind playing tricks on me?
Thu 11/03/04 at 17:07
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Belldandy wrote:
> Nah, it was a general comment on how Light perceives people. If your
> ideas are on the same page as a conservative/right/republican kind of
> person then its "groupthink", where as if they're liberal
> slanted they're "unique"...

Heh. Keep telling yourself that Bell. Sorry to disappoint, but the reason I tear you to pieces on such an alarmingly regular basis isn't that you're a tory. It's because you're an ignorant, cowardly moron with absolutely no clue as to what the opinions he parrots actually means. I'd tear into you if you'd sworn allegiance to the Light Political Funhouse with your attitude.

I mean seriously, try spouting off those opinions at the next USAF airshow you roll along to. They'll probably be polite to you, but the very instant you're gone, the eyes will roll and you'll be written off as another September 11th US Patriot. Oh, and you might wanna think about a diet as well.
Thu 11/03/04 at 17:01
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Skarra wrote:

>
> I do hope you wern't refering to the political group, i.e. the
> Tories? If you were, i certainally hope you wern't lumping me in with
> those? Were you?

Heh. C'mon, don't spoil it for him. He likes things in Black and White. If you agree with him you MUST be a tory! Plus this way he can conveniently ignore the fact that I don't continually humiliate him for his views, but because he doesn't actually understand them in the first place.

Bwah ha ha haaaa! Accusing a former tory party member of assuming all tories are incapable of thinking....he just gets funnier, don't he?
Thu 11/03/04 at 16:13
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Nah, it was a general comment on how Light perceives people. If your ideas are on the same page as a conservative/right/republican kind of person then its "groupthink", where as if they're liberal slanted they're "unique"...
Thu 11/03/04 at 15:20
Regular
"Stay Frosty"
Belldandy wrote:
> *yawns* Of course it's "ill informed parroting", we all know
> only liberal minded individuals such as yourself can have unique
> ideas whilst the rest of us conservatives are singing from the same
> hymn sheet...

I do hope you wern't refering to the political group, i.e. the Tories? If you were, i certainally hope you wern't lumping me in with those? Were you?
Thu 11/03/04 at 14:32
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
*yawns* Of course it's "ill informed parroting", we all know only liberal minded individuals such as yourself can have unique ideas whilst the rest of us conservatives are singing from the same hymn sheet...

*sarcasm*
Thu 11/03/04 at 13:35
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Belldandy wrote:

> Lots of ill-informed parroting

I think you'll find I was talking to the organ grinder, not the rotund monkey...
Tue 09/03/04 at 11:35
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
There is always the possibility that there is something deeper going on regards Short's allegation.

So far the only possibilities even discussed (or in Light's case discussed with the usual pompous sneering which is his trademark) are:

1) Short lying - wants attention/publicity.
2) Short telling the truth - wants attention/publicity.

There are plenty of other possibilities - for example the information which she claims to have seen could have been false but planted in order to establish if there were any leaks.
Mon 08/03/04 at 20:23
Regular
"Live Happy Live Lon"
To be honest were never going to know everything. Some facts have to be kept secret and then there's hindsight. In the case of WMD's there could have been evidence that was later disproved and we can all stand on our high horses and say i told you so but it dosent help. IMO we did the correct thing in Iraq by bringing them more freedom, personally this is THE thing to fight for. The problem in our country is we are complacent in our freedom of speech and seem to be ignoring the countries changes to reduce our freedom of anonyimoty. We have the right not to be observed and logged in everything we do.
Mon 08/03/04 at 19:56
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Of course I'm just an evil flag waving capitalist Clancy fan trying to deflect attention....
Mon 08/03/04 at 19:50
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Basically, to Light, it's double standards all round.

Governments cannot produce proof of Iraq having WMD, Light says they lie.

Short cannot produce proof of bugging the UN, Light says she didn't lie.

Undoubtedly the number of people that care can be counted on a hand.

However in news that actually matters, as opposed to gets an ex minister some desperately needed PR for her forthcoming memoirs, the Iraqi's finally signed their interim constitution - one more step towards the democracy that many sought to deny them - Haiti was taken over by the rebels with glaringly obvious US help, and it looks like a rerun of Haiti could be on the cards for Zimbabwe in the future as the authorities in Zimbabwe searched a US registered cargo plane yesterday and found what they describe as "military material" and 64 people who they suspect are mercenaries...

If there was a deserving candidate for being overthrown then Mugabe has to be pretty high near the top of the list...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.