GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Childhood"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 26/02/04 at 16:25
Regular
"Light of the world"
Childhood can be a tremendous and most enjoyable time --- or it can be your equivalent of hell and earth.

No matter what there is probably something that makes you think of your childhood.

It could be a sweet, a toy, a cartoon or film... a item of clothing!?

Well in this thread i want some jolly good heart warming conversations and in depth discussions on such things...

For me in particular Winnie the Pooh, NOt being allowed E zone sweets and seeing those kids run around in batman costumes is partly what I link with childhood...

But anyway please feel free to go there and discuss all those things that made you quiver with joy!

Love ginge as always x
Thu 26/02/04 at 20:48
Regular
"Light of the world"
O believe me he is childish still...

But then I wouldnt be with him if he werent because thats partly what makes him who he is :)

Anywys, what about white chocolate mice huh? Wasnt allowed E zone infested sweets was allowed those huh huh!
Thu 26/02/04 at 17:16
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Lil Ginge wrote:
>> My boyfriend and a crowd of lads in my sixth form have found that in
> a certain free period Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles is shown on TV...
> Watching these guys sing the lyrics to the opening in deep voices and
> getting so into the stories is quite amusing and indeed you give the
> occasional 'awwww' when they are fixed to the screen and swooning
> over april!
>
>
>

I love this kinda thing.

Me and my friends want to wear eye patches, paint my boat black and stick a cannon on the front, and have a Jolly Roger/AC/DC flag. Maybe a topless girly-figure head, but that'd be harder to do. All because we're childish still.
Thu 26/02/04 at 17:13
Regular
"QPR 1974"
I drew pictures of werewolves being bludgeoned to death.
Thu 26/02/04 at 16:56
Regular
"2 WHEELS ONLY"
Thankyou Little Ginge, I hope so to. My life is good at the moment
Thu 26/02/04 at 16:55
Yeah, the Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles reminds me of childhood the most - I bought all the figures and the van, except for Leornardo, whom I didn't like for some reason.
Thu 26/02/04 at 16:47
Regular
"you've got a beard"
English_Bloke wrote:
> I remember winning the "Young scientist of the year".
> He was a nice little lad too; he lives in my attic now.

*lmfao*
.. subtle, elegant, genius :)

snow.
snow makes me think back to my first experience of snow, i'd just started school and we got a coupla inches of snow. dad walked me to school and i hung my coat up, eager to work and learn as hard as i could so i could tell my mum about it when i went home for lunch. she'd be happy to listen, despite being preoccupied with my newly born sister.... who was the greastest thing i'd ever seen.... her toys were bigger than she was :)

those days knew no limits, no boundaries of imagination, and were never sullied by the knowledge of how things really worked in the world. grown ups were in charge and money and responsibility were things they took care of.... me? i had a ball....

those days are gone now, but it's nice to think back to them, if only to distract us from the extra things that take our time as we get older, pushing more of our imagination out and filling the space with countless consequences for everything.

i think i was happier when the grown ups were in charge.... :)

*goes all misty eyed ;) *
Thu 26/02/04 at 16:45
Regular
"Light of the world"
We are a negative being really. We always remember the bad things more than the good - be it in a relationship, you remember and are affected by arguments dont thgink of good times you had!

similar

I hope rest of your life is ahappy experience
Thu 26/02/04 at 16:40
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
Jon Y The Sly wrote:
>don't you find it strange how it is normally always
> the bad things you remember easily, and the good things you have to
> think quite hard to remember

I think thats because the bad things shape us more and also have a bigger impact on us at the time, so we remember them more vividly
Thu 26/02/04 at 16:39
Regular
"2 WHEELS ONLY"
Childhood?? Hhhhmmmmmmmm. Is that the thing that shaped my life, or is it me who shaped my life. Unfortunately I had a quite horrific childhood, obviously I am not gonna go straight into detail, but it was bad. However don't you find it strange how it is normally always the bad things you remember easily, and the good things you have to think quite hard to remember
Thu 26/02/04 at 16:35
Regular
"SOUP!"
Theres only one thing that makes me quiver with joy...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.